im new

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Danny Crooks, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

hi, im new to the forum.

i have been self harming for quite some time now, (dont want to go into it too much as of yet), but i cannot see any way to stop. i tried, but i then got on a drinking binge and eventually after a week, i went back to harming.

my friend caught me doing it & told alot of my other friends im a freak. i cant believevhe'd do such a thing. it made me feel even worse and i just got worse.

Im registered as depressed and im seeing a counsellor at the moment, which isnt going great to be honest. i dont kno why ibother, imay as well do what i have felt like doing fr ages and just flippin doin it. rah :(

sorry, just needed to vent a bit.
  2. qwerty098

qwerty098 Active Member

Glad you've joined the forum, your seeking help which is one step in thw right direction.
    There are other coping mechanisms then self harming, ones that will be less damage to you.

As for your friend i dont think that was very appropriote in fact it was downright nasty, but i think he did it because his first reaction was fear. He's probably really worried about you.

It's good your seeing a counsiller, your getting help maybe it needs time. Do you get on with your counsiller?

I hope i helped, and i hoped your safe.

3. Danny Crooks

hi thanks for the reply, its appreciated.

as for my friend, he was supposed to be one of my best mates, but has turned his back on me, and encouraged others to do the same. Im a long term depressive, and wasnt even telling people about what i was doing but he barged into my room one day as I was doing it and bosh, everyone found out after about 15 minutes

my counsellor is nice, but i feel patronised at times by her, .. its like she's saying "youre not the first person whos said that to me", .. that doesnt help me, i kno im not the first person with issues, but i am a person with feelings.

Im impressed with the amount of info on this site, and with how welcoming everyone has been, .. why cant the 'offline' world be so friendly??
  4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Hey danny. Welcome to the forum
    Im sorry to hear your friend treated you so nastily. Most of the time, though, it's fear of lack of knowledge about the subject that makes people act that way.
    Maybe you could give him some leaflets or something to explain why you self harm and depression? Just a thought.
    If he still doesn't talk to you, well then, i know it's tough, but he really isn't worth having in your life!
    Counsellors can be tricky, sometimes you can't quite click with one. Maybe you could ask to see a different one? Or try telling her the truth, that when she says that you feel patronized. You have to be honest. No matter how hard it is sometimes.
    Yea, iv often thought the online world is much more friendly too danny
  5. Danny Crooks

Thanks for the message Cerise,
    I have given up with my friends, if they cannot find it with in themselves to accept me for who i am and what i am then are they really friends in the first place, or mere advocators of fakeness?
    i think i need to give this counsellor a bit more time, this is the 3rd ive had since xmas, .. perhaps im being too judgemental, perhaps i have a right to be when its my mental health at stake, but i dunno, i just feel anger at her when i feel as though im being patronised, other times shes fine, but, i dunno..

i may immerse myself into the internet and forget there is a world outside.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.