im new.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by indie5616, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indie5616

indie5616 New Member

hi im new and ive tried and failed miserably to kill myself about 5 times now.
    Ive suffered with clinical depression for a long time and only now do they want to do something about it.

I read a thread on here about like after death and so glad to hear that so many people have the same view as me... once your dead, your dead, nothignness, like before you were born. There's nothing to imagine because not 'being' is unimaginable. This plays such a big role in my depression amongst other traumatic events in my life that life seems pretty pointless if when ur dead ur dead. But no one gets it. They just tell me to enjoy like for what ive got cos u might only live once. But I just cant wrap my mind round WHY! It would all be for nothing, no one would remember it anyway and in a billion years time, we'll all be long forgotten. So choice 1: get up, go to work, monotonous living with a few perks, debt and what not and maybe randomly get hit by a bus anyway. Or choice 2: end it all now cos its gonna end one day anyway, cept you can control it now.

The only thing stopping me, is fear of the unknown. I cant IMAGINE nothingness! And once you decide to go down that route, there's no going back. I feel so torn. I dont want to hurt my family, but they'll be hurt one day when i eventually die anyway, so.
  2. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

Welcome to the forum.

While I wont get into any sort of spiritual debate, as I think everyone is entitled to their belief system I will say one thing as a person who has had a family member go through with suicide, and had family members die from natural causes, it is about 1000x harder to deal with the suicide in the family, it can be contagious and set others up for wrong thinking as well... it conditions family, friends, it puts the reality of that choice in their hands.

Finding peace in the now is a very difficult process, but can be done, and we can learn to enjoy all this even though it is temporary.

I hope you stay and share more.

Breath easy.
  3. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

just a quick note to say hi and welcome to the forum here. we're glad you're here. so please continue to share and we'll be here to listen. take care
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF glad you reached out for some support
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! Keep posting and you will get support here at the forum..I'm sure you will find alot of similarities to your own condition here...Take care!!
  6. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) welcome to sf. lots of people to talk to and support you here. nice to meet you :shake:
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Indie, it's nice to meet you :shake: Hope you'll like it here!
  8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. Please write your name on the sticker tag. Free coffee and donut can be found in the corner. And no we dont have croissant.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum indie. I am glad you joined us. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.