i'm new

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by luri, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luri

luri New Member

i'm pretty desperate ... i've been very depressed for over a year and this past week put me over the edge - several love rejections, losing the opportunity for going for ECT treatments, out of work for almost 4 months after a bicycle accident, i just fired my therapist and i don't have prescription refills for one medication. i live alone, i don't feel that i will be hurting anyone. the only thing that is truly keeping me here are my pets - 2 dogs, 2 cats. it's not that their love is saving me, i just don't know what to do with them. if they weren't here, i'd be free to go. i practically resent them for it. i feel like i have tried everything medicine and psychiatry has to offer --- and i'm still here. at the moment, it feels worse than it ever has been.
  2. 18 and in trouble

18 and in trouble Well-Known Member

First of all welcome to Suicide Forum. I haven't been here to long myself and this is a good website to get help. I'm sorry you've been having so much pain but you can overcome it. You mention your pets but I'm sure you have family that would miss you if you died. Can I ask why you fired your therapist? Anyway I hope you get better and there are people here who care about you to. Good luck.
  3. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Welcome Luri ^_^

I know depression can get pretty bad and suicide presents itself as an option, but it shouldn't be. Stick around a while, talk to people on this forum and see if you don't feel any better. I'm here if you ever need to talk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.