I'm not a true believer.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by dvnj22, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

I am part of a very conservative Christian religious denomination - I will not say which one, please do not ask. But I'm a fake. I believe in the bible moral code, I believe in God, but I'm not sure about doctrine, I'm rather agnostic towards it and when I hear other members speak I just smile and nod my head.

I have no intention of leaving, all my fiends, and family in this religion. And it makes me feel secure and happy. The problem is I feel like a hypocrite, I feel deceitful, how bad is this? How bad am I? I was talking to ex members on the Internet and it made me realize that I don't want to leave.

For the most part I am good I guess, I try my best. But I feel like a two faced lier. Is this true? Or am I just overthinking?

2. I've thought about this quite a bit. I too believe in God and a moral code. However, I don't attend church. I don't exactly follow and do the ceremonial or doctrinal things involved with being a Christian. I mean I've been to Church before and I've done the routines and what not and I know you're supposed to embrace all these different doctrinal things but I just feel my faith in God is enough. It's not that I'm not devout to the lord but I'm just indifferent about the routine of things I guess. I read the Bible and I pray, but there's just no way of really knowing whether or not there is truth and reason behind it and that's where faith comes into play. I don't think you should feel deceitful. Everyone has their doubts and I have a sneaking suspicion you're not the only one in your denomination who feels the way you do.

What specifically are you unsure of?

Regards, Derek

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I'm a catholic, we have more doctrine than I have socks lol!
    Although I follow most of it, I have my own thoughts on some of the more arcane dogma and, in the main, ignore it.
    I don't feel this makes me a bad catholic, just a thinking one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.