I'm not afraid of death

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by palmtrees, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

I've just realized that over the past few months... I don't know if that makes it easier to keep living, but it seems to have made me a lot calmer. I'm still basically afraid of LIFE, afraid of getting older, missing chances, not accomplishing my dreams. If I could just make it to a point where I have no regrets, I think I would be ok.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm not afraid of death either, though I wouldn't do anything that may bring me closer to death. When the time comes, we all must go eventually. Just live your life to the fullest and hope for the best.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Palmtrees,
    Don't set expectations for yourself!! That is a major negative way of thinking.. It sounds to me that you are fortune telling. You are trying to manipulate the future when you don't know what lies ahead of you!!
    You can only live in the present. All you can do is stay positive and good things will happen for you..That is advice my therapist gave me along time ago. I don't look to the future especially when there at the present I don't think I have one!!
    Just take baby steps and don't discount the positive thoughts. Set small goals for yourself. If you don't succed at one just put it at the bottom of the list. Move on to the next one.. I wish you luck!!Take Care!!~Joseph~

4. Stranger1

Hey Palmtrees,
    Just checking on you!! How are you feeling? Are you still faceing death? I can relate because I have been facing it for over a week. You know something even though I am facing it I have no fear actually I am quite calm about it. The difference is I am trying to straighten out the wrongs been done to me here lately. That will be a deciding factor of which way I will lean to.
    I hope you are doing the same. I have found that replying to posts has given me a distraction from doing anything yet!! Try setting yourself a goal to acheive, Once that is done set another one. They can be anything, the key is your acheiving a positive thought every time you reach one. Take Care My Friend!!!~Joseph~

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

If you actually really sit down and think about it, death stalks us at every turn. You could get killed in a car accident on your way to work or in some other freak accident. All you can really do, is try your best to stay safe and don't get paranoid about it.

6. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I am not afraid of death to, but i guess, death is afraid of me!

7. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

You said you are afraid of not acomplishing your dreams? But you dont know that, maybe you will... So , isnt it better to keep trying and see what happens?

8. Stranger1

I agree touglytobeloved,
    Set goals to help keep you positive and get out and mingle with people. You never know who you will meet and can't possibly know what the future holds for you!!Give it a go!!~Joseph~

9. Newphie

Newphie Member

I'm not afraid of death. It's the dying part that scares me. The transition from life and death.

10. This life is short and transitory. To fear what we must face 'here' seems far more reasonable because of countless expectations from others, as well as ourselves. It all seems so complicated while on this plane. But to feel peace in not fearing death - whenever it may come? Few can manage/accept that. I don't see a damned thing wrong with it...Many past cultures have integrated this 'awareness' into the tapestry. Only we in the west seem to avoid this reality, sparing no expense to accomplish and maintain the delusion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.