I'm not attending college this semester either.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by eagles_fan, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

Turns out, I submitted my financial aid application the wrong way. I'm a legitimately stupid person, even if I have other talents.

So I've another 5 months of not doing **** on my hands. Plenty of time to write, read, workout, and stuff. It's all I have to do. I've got no life other wise. Then I'll try again.

Oh and I haven't been on this forum for a while since I'm pretty sure I'm not helping anyone, no offense. I'm not much of a help, sorry guys. I do love all of you though.
  2. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Sucks, I'm sorry about that. Financial aid is a shady racket and most schools aren't exactly chafing at the bit to try and help you get money....

Is there any way you can take classes that transfer at a smaller or community college?
    Also, if you're pretty sure you'll make it through school and have a plan for afterwards, you could consider a private loan. Make sure the interest terms are not completely bogus, I mean, lets be honest, those loans are designed to f*** you out of your money.

Also, sometimes they have multiple disbursements throughout the term if you re-submit the paperwork. Get an advisor on your side, that works really well... send them thank you notes.

Severely underrated, thank-you notes.
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'm sorry that happened to you, but on the bright side it's another 5 months you can use to prepare yourself for it.
  4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean you're stupid, the financial aid process is totally retarded, to be honest. They've been giving me crap about it lately too. I always submit my application the same way every year, and it used to be fine, then suddenly they keep sending me letters about it not being complete. I've given them the info they asked for on several occasions and it just gets dismissed. Try make sure to get it figured out for next semester if it's the only way you can attend. But I know it's difficult and frustrating, trust me.
  5. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Dear eagles_fan,

I know how frustrating it is to be taking a break from school....although school can wait, and you'll never be too old to get a degree. I hope you use the time to relax and most importantly take care of yourself.....no pressure and one day at a time. Your hobbies sound refreshing - namely gaming, music, reading and writing....how about getting a dog??? lol, would be great company and I know you want one! ;] Well....I'll be sending kind thoughts to your family. Keep up the good work looking for jobs, and so sorry things didn't work out with the application....how unfortunate. I wish that could have been sent anyway despite what was missing, but you know you can get it right next time! :thumbup: Take care! :hug:

6. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

I'm replying a whole week too late. Hehe, sorry guys. :]

Strange as Angels, that's actually quite reassuring. Those bureaucratic people don't even know what they're doing sometimes, it seems. They have a school code on their site I'm supposed to put on the financial aid form, but I didn't use that. Instead, I selected my school from their own list and somehow, that was doing it wrong. That's completely ridiculous and idiotic and a fault on their part. It's partially my fault for not getting that cleared up, but...still. That's idiotic.

As for you Speedy, thanks, thanks, thanks. :D
    I'd like a dog, but neither me, nor my family is in no position to own one. We don't have enough money to constantly support such a thing. We couldn't buy it food, or take it to the vet or buy all the necessities needed to take care of a dog. No way that's happening until I move out and get a good job.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.