im not eating anything...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by The Scream, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

to keep my suicidal feelings away from me...

i feel rejected... im definately might do something stupid...

so does it help? not eating?

having no energy to feel suicidal?

fuck, i hate me :cry:

im desperate man :sad:

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That is a part of your su tendencies...not eating is harmful and counterproductive to sucessfully living...please consult your therapist/MD if you find you cannot eat...big hugs, J

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey, I'm not sure I understand why you're not eating, it is like self harm? Is that distracting you from your suicidal thoughts? Talk to us..we're listening x

4. raiinbowjunkiie

raiinbowjunkiie Well-Known Member

aw hey there, thanks for reaching out to us!! i know you're having a tough time right now, we're gonna talk you through it.
    how long have you gone without food? do you make yourself throw up too? why aren't you eating?
    please talk to us, we're here! *hugs*

5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I stopped eating a while back and it actually led to an eating disorder and it also made me realize that without food it makes it harder to fight depression. If you need to talk more about it feel free to PM me.

6. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Not eating leads to malnutrition which negatively affects the brain and causes depression. So no, it won't help, it'll make things a lot worse.

7. lsajw1

lsajw1 Member

It's just another way of hurting yourself. I've been there. It's a passive way which is somehow easier to face. Unfortunately it won't solve anything.

I know it is so hard to see sometimes but you have so much to give to this world. We all have a purpose, sometimes it's not very clear what it is. Please have hope. You found thid forum for a reason, to help you find your purpose. Let us help and support you.

8. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I do the not eating thing, and it actually makes me feel more energetic. I read thats part of the programming, when you can't find food, your body gives you extra energy to go out and find food.

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey not eating me too I think it is just depression making you this way. Try to eat anything or like someone here suggested to me have ensure or shake anything to keep your energy up okay. Can't really do much fighting if your too weak so please try. take care

10. catnip43

catnip43 Active Member

I've been struggling with an eating disorder for almost 20 years. I have a love/hate relationship with food. I still haven't recovered and I bounce back and forth from binging/purging to starving mode. I don't think my body even knows how to tell real hunger from an urge to binge after all these year... I have a sick fantasy about starving myself as a way of suicide since my life sucks so bad now:sad:

11. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

:dry: I get very upset when I read about people with eating disorders talk about starving themselves. I won't carry on but will get right to my own experience with anorexia nervosa/bulemia. This is a true story by the way.You cannot make these things up,or imagine them.When I was a teen,I was in a psych ward briefly for being a run away?.There were all kinds of people there on this ward,young and old.For some reason I can not explain..I was suddenly moved into a room with an late stage anorexic woman.She was actually dying.She was too skinny to walk.She needed nurses to bring her to the bathroom.At night,she cried in agony in the bathroom.She was suffering horribly.She was too sick to talk to..I never spoke to her,nor she to me.She couldn't really talk.But she could scream in pain.I will never know why they made me sleep in there with her for that time..a week or two..but..I have NEVER been anorexic since.If I had been before I do not recall.I have my share of issues but dying that way is not one of them.No one is worth that pain.No one! No one would want you to go through that if they were sane.
    the origional poster just made me realize why I was put in that room.I was not eating because I thought it was a way to express my unhappiness with myself..That can lead to anorexia,as can just about anything that associates body image with trying to please others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.