I'm not emo.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LonelyKid, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonelyKid

LonelyKid Well-Known Member

I'm so tired of trying to get help. I have no real idea how to communicate with adults and I have no idea why. I just can't talk to the face-to-face. I can guarantee no person I know face-to-face over 20 know that any thing's wrong with me at all. When I talk to my friends though or hear them talk behind peoples back. I hear them say terrible things. 'Emo fag why don't you cut yourself?", "Little whiny emo bitch go cry somewhere!", "I don't want to hear those babies bitch.", "Why don't they get a fucking life?"

We had a stereotype day at school and like a 1/3 of the people came to school mocking "emo" people. They brought fake razors and mocked the way they acted all day long. There's a difference between those people and people with real problems and I'm tired of them getting melded into one person. Emo is a trend. It is a fashion statement like punk was. Like metal was. Like bikers were. Here's the way WikiPedia defined Emo:

"When referring to a person's personality and attitude, most definitions of emo hold that an emo person is emotionally candid, sensitive, shy, introverted, glum, and quiet. Depressed and broken-hearted are sometimes used to describe the emo personality. Emo music and poetry contain multiple references to unrequited love, emotional and relationship problems. Being melodramatic or overly emotional is also often associated with being emo."

So now that depression and emotional angst have become a 'fad' They have become an object of ridicule. Here's why ( i think as well as the person who wrote this ), "...['Emos' are] imagining or pretending that they lead harsh, painful lives when they actually live in comfortable [,and stable] homes." I do not. Most people with real problems don't. People with real problems don't care how tight their jeans are, or how skinny they are, or how dark their eyeshadow is, or how black and straight their hair is, or if they're wearing Converse shoes. But just because I like having straight black hair and I'm shy, quiet, socially awkward, and depressed I've been chucked into this category and find myself mocked. On the internet by my friends who are ignorant of how hard life can really be thus ridiculing emotions expressed by 'emos'.

I have to admit that probably a lot of people have been through this and have been thrust into a lifestyle hey didn't want. I have met some 'emo' people and most of my ideas are right. They think they have good lives at heart. They just think that this kind of thing is 'hot' or 'cute'. And i feel like punching them in the face. Don't they realize what they've done? They've put a new stigma on emotions for another generation. No one's going to express themselves the same way anymore, they'll hide their emotions and bottle them up until the inevitable arrives. They've done the same thing that's happened to homosexuals. Many would rather hide themselves and end their lives than bi ridiculed or have their lives mocked than express themselves for real. Even insults have combined the two together. Emo fags for one. Now being emo is gay. What the fuck.

I AM NOT 'EMO'. I don't know everyone of the and I apologize if I made any generalizations... I hate everything about me. I want to leave. For real. I am not faking. To have my feelings dismissed because I apparently act 'emo' is inexcusable. I don't live in the suburbs with a big fluffy dog and brothers and sisters and a set of parents with steady income and a stable home and a mini-van to take them to soccer games who thinks depression and pain are 'cute'. I can't take being a being placed into a group of people that is ridiculed by the world-round. I am tired. For real.

To have masochism, emotional troubles, expressive people, and even poetry become hated and mocked by the 'normal' (in quotes because whoever you are you are not normal) people of the world these trendstarters cannot be forgiven. They have destroyed another generation's chance of being emotionally understood. Thanks.

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy:
    You have no idea how much I agree with this..

3. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

me too
    i HATE stereotypes.

4. LonelyKid

And when we retrovert these stereotypes its even worse.
    I'm good at math, I've done yardwork, I'm weak, and I've committed crimes.
    So by a bigot's view,
    I'm a Latino-Asian-African Woman.

You can't do that so why can it be done here in this way?

5. Spearmint

Stereotypes are stupid. I think that once you get out of school, they don't matter as much, or if at all.

6. LonelyKid

But we don't know yet about how this'll turn out yet. How will 2008+ react to 'Emos'? We are the generation that started it and we're going to have to live with the consequences. And personally even if I make new memories I can't get rid of the ones that hurt me already.

7. Spearmint

I think 'Emo' is going to be a dying trend, in 2008+ they'll have made a new stereotype. And, yeah, memories stick with you..

8. LonelyKid

I hate being forced into being somebody else. Nobody knows the true me and nobody I care about cares about knowing. If it's not me changing myself it's somebody else... so I just want to be nothing. I hate me so much because I can't even find the strength to defend myself, all I do is feel bad for myself. I'm so conflicted. But I think I got a tiny bit off my main topic now...

9. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

yeah. the majority of current social and media out lets, especially on the internet, have a dislike of emo. By some weird chance they get emo and depressed/hurting people mixed up way to often. and by their dislike of emos they are also putting down depressed, suicidal and hurting people down even more now. its hatred. its stupid. but thats humans really. there is always a group of people some one is going to be condescending and hatefull towards it seems, when that group becomes more accepted and what not they move on to another group. Right now one of them is emo.

10. roro

roro Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel.

I am a 43 year old mom, I just look like the normal middle-age mom. I have gotten ill, and am in a lot of pain and now I don't want to live anymore, because I am in pain every day, the pain meds rarely work.

so I go to sites like this one and mydeathspace and now my family call me emo, they think its a fad, but its not. i am just really depressed.

here is my myspace site http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=50009872 do i look emo to you? i am just a normal looking mom. I even cut my hair so its not so long and straight anymore, and as soon as i get better I am going to dye it a lighter brown.

its really rediculous that I should be acused of being emo just because i am depressed. i have GOOD dam reason to be depressed.

11. LonelyKid

But its not like that that group that hates doesn't differ so much every time.
    It's the elitist, the powerful, the rich, the corrupt, the arrogant, the ignorant.
    And they make up a massive chunk of the world and they're always eager to bring down the lesser peoples and thats life in a statement.

12. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

The main problem is that people get tired of hearing other peoples problems. Everyone has problems but emo kids tend to blow they problems way out of proportion. The emo fad is like a complaining fad. A girl/guy dumps you, previously it sucked but you got over it, now you whine about it for as long as possible and act like it's worse then anything else in the world. So people with real problems get pushed aside because people are tired of having things exaggerated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.