I'm not going back...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Xistence, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xistence

Xistence Well-Known Member

I have another psych appointment coming up, but if I tell her that I have been extremely suicidal lately, she may send me back to the hospital.

I don't want to go back and it costs too much money.

I don't know what to do... :sad:

2. DeeKay

DeeKay Member

If you ask me, it is really sad that we have to pay for help.

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

not in ireland.... medical card entitles you to free services if you don't make alot of money.

4. mtnmeadow

mtnmeadow Member

Tell your therapist about the financial stress being sent to the hospital would cause you, and she may come up with an alternate way to help you. Her goal shouldn't be to put you in a stressful situation, no matter what.

It's terribly sad that people who need mental care can't get it. Seems to me that the uninsured would be the group that is most likely to get depressed, but yet they're the group with no means for help...it's ironic, and pathetic.

5. Xistence

I don't want it to cost my parents any more money than they have already spend on me.

I got out of their a few weeks ago. I couldn't stand the place. I almost went insane not being able to talk to my friends and not having contact with the outside world.

I will lie to the psych if I have to, as long as she doesn't send me back... :sad:

6. mtnmeadow

mtnmeadow Member

I can at least partially understand how you feel, I hated the hospital when I was there too, and I wanted out.

I suppose it's ok to do whatever you need to do to avoid going to the hospital if it would just make you more upset being there, but if you are definitely planning to hurt yourself soon, please tell your therapist. I know the money sounds like a huge burden on your parents, but if anything were to happen to you, I'm sure the burden would be infinitely more. Money can be replaced, you can't, and that's why your parents are helping you. Please try to find it in yourself to accept their help. Try and think about how you'd feel if you had a child who was thinking of taking their life....you'd probably pay anything and everything to stop him or her...that's how your parents feel.

I know it's hard...I've been in your position, with my parents footing my hospital bill too. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2008
  7. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

I can't really say as I blame you. I've hated my time in the hospitals. I really, really don't want to go back. but, I agree with Meadow, if you really are thinking about hurting yourself, you need to go. I am sure your parents would not mind if it keeps you safe. Good luck.

8. Xistence

I would probably be worse off going. I actually found 7 or so different ways to kill myself in there. :mellow:

The only bad thing about lying is that I can't get the help I need. :sad: I don't want to lie, but I don't want to go back even more. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.