I'm not gonna make it...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by }{Feather Pen}{, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I haven't cut or self harmed in so long and now that I haven't had time to be alone and contemplate all that's going on with myself and it's starting to take its toll. It's making me un easy because I know it all comes out worse when I don't let it out and come clean with myself about everything. Now it's just building up and I don't know how much longer I can not SI. It's driving me insane and I don't know if I can hold out much longer.
  2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Hey youve done so well, you say you have to talk well there are plenty of us here to listen and want to help, all night throughn if thats what it takes, dont give in hun you have done to well you need a pat on the back or a hug or something just now believe in yourself and keep talking to us:hug::grouphug::talk:
  3. I don't want to talk with other people about it. I need some time to myself. To let myself be depressed just for a day. But i can't. Too much stuff is happening around me. I'm always with someone or around people. Everyone relies on me. As we speak i'm sitting at the doc office with my sister because she had a check up with her o b g y n and needed me to take her. I'm used by everyone and in return i get nothing. Yeah, sure, they give me twenty bucks for gas. But guess what? It takes twice as much as that to cart them around. I'm paying out of my own pocket to do favors for people. It's madness. I can't take this anymore.
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Sometimes we need to say 'STOP' and to look after ourselves for a while.. if everyone is relying on you, turning to you etc you're not getting the space you need and you're under more stress which is triggering your urges for self harm. Can you go on a mini break maybe? Even if it's just for a few days, or maybe say you've got other plans when someone wants you to do something. You need to gather your thoughts and with life speeding full pace around you that can be hard.

How long have you not self harmed for? Well done for stopping, I'm sure you can make it. :hug:
  5. Ashes

Ashes Member

i know exactly how you feel. Like the longer you hold it in, only more is building up. Try to stay away from trigger situations. The most important thing to remember is you can only stop if you WANT to stop. So find a reason to not do it. Bribe yourself with sandals, t-shirts, sandals. Sometimes its hard not to simply because we think "why am i holding inside all of this pain when a simple cut will fix it all?". so find that reason, or you can always talk to someone on here, we all understand what youre going through. Remember cutting is never the answer, no matter how much it seems like it is.
  6. I can't take a few days off. There's just too much to be done and I'm the only one that can do it. And trigger situations are hard to avoid when everyone around you condemns you when all you try and do is help.
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I know how hard it must be but keep fighting if you can. Also those people who condemn you, you should stay away from or ignore.
  8. It's kind of hard to avoid them when they're my family.
  9. It's kind of hard to avoid them when they're my family.
  10. It's kind of hard to avoid them when they're my family.
  11. Persephone

Persephone Active Member

Funny how one man's trash is another's treasure. How I long to be needed in any capacity!

Tell us more about your family and their condemnation. It sounds so very familiar I may have some healing insight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.