I'm not good enough.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by aki, Nov 18, 2009.

1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of breaking up with him because he's way too good for me. I don't know what to do. It just seems unfair on him. A part of me wishes everyday we hadn't met so I could kill myself with one less person to hurt. Because I know for sure if either the relationship ended or I died it would cause him so much pain. It isn't fair, why did I have to hurt another person. What the hell is wrong with me.

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Have you talked to him about how you feel?? With depression it's common to feel you're unlovable / not good enough.. but he must see something special in you to go out with you in the first place. Maybe a chat with him or someone else you're close to will help. :hug:

3. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

You may feel you don't deserve him, but that's probably only because he's treating you so well because he feels that he loves you. It's no reason to break up with someone because you think they're too good for you, he obviously cares about you, so instead of feeling low about it, try and feel lucky, happy to have someone who cares so much. Try and care for him as much as he does for you, then you might realise that you care for him more than most, or any person could. When that time comes, you'll begin to realise there is no one better for him than you, because nobody would try to treat him as well as you do.

4. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

If he was too good for you, he would have left you already.

IMO you should be thankful you're in a relationship where someone cares for you - it's something many don't have.

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

You're a beautiful, sweet, worthwhile, caring, loving person. Anyone in their right mind would be with you, listen to you and think how lucky they were to be around you. You say you feel like you're not good enough. Why do you feel that way? I know me saying the above doesn't help deep rooted self esteem issues that can be so complex and complicated.

Are there things about him or what he does that makes you feel like you aren't good enough? What would you have to be to be good enough?

Is he loving towards you? I know how it feels to be with an emotionally cold, distant partner- but I can't make assumptions about your situation. But I know the feeling, and I know the feelings of insecurity that stems from being in such a relationship.

Anyone in their right mind, who can see clearly would appreciate you because you're nothing but wonderful and precious.