I'm not really sure..

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by Corieh Infected, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corieh Infected

Corieh Infected Well-Known Member

Alright, so.. Abuse comes in all forms and in many ways. Verbally of physically. Honestly though, I don't think many people realize that by insulting someone, and having doubt in them can be pretty serious abuse. It'll put down someone's confidence, and quite a few people really can't handle that. I know I've skipped school before just because my mom's told me that I never go so what's the point in her wasting her time to wake me up, and that little thing will set me off.

My dad use to hit me with the belt, but honestly, I think physical abuse is better than verbal abuse. True, physical abuse can lead to the death of the victim, which is never good, but verbal abuse can do the very same thing. It can also cause the victim to want to harm others, as well as themself.

Sometimes I don't think parents realize exactly how many ways they can abuse their child. Personally, my parents take their frustration out on me. Screaming that they don't understand why I get so afraid and try to hurt myself. Over time, that can make a person feel unwanted. I think if someone feels down or abused they should automatically talk to someone, and eventually, if possible, confront the abuser.

This is a fourteen year old's opinion, so I'm no where near an expert. >>; Sorry if this like, makes some of you feel bad. ><;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.