I'm not supposed to feel this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a student in college. My major is mental health counseling...then why am I feeling so depressed? Counselors are supposed to have their stuff together. I've thought about <mod edit - methods> on more than one occasion. Something intrigues me about how easy yet how final it is. I don't think I can ever do it. I know I need Jesus and I have faith in Him. It helps. I just wanted to express how I'm feeling now..I am going to start counseling for myself this week.

unionfalls

I am glad that you are going to start counselling. That is a great plan and takes a lot of courage. Good for you for going into this field, Lord knows we need all the help we can get. I have had a few therapist/psychologist that were in therapy themselves for depression as well as other mental heath issues. It is a difficult field to maintain the professional distance from those you want to help and so any support you can get to make a difference for those in need is great. If you take care of your own problems with depression/suicide that will make you much more effective in your field. Thank you again for caring enough to go into this field. :)

Unionfalls, I appreciate the support. I really value what talk therapy can do for people. I sought it after miscarriage, physical abuse and divorce. I wasn't always going to school for this, but someone close to me thought I should. Because some people have faith in me I think I can do it. I just need to have faith in me which is why I'm seeking help. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00