I'm not sure how to change things

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ZombieNation, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombieNation

ZombieNation Active Member

I'm 17. I live with my stern hard to please mother and my aggressive step-father. My other father died when I was 5 but I never really knew him, apparently they were devorced. I remember my father telling me its not right to cry, thats all I really remember of him. I left school with bad grades, nto good enough for college. I work part time with a angry boss who tries to train me about admin work and IT repair. The pay is bad but my parents still want money for me living in the house ( I guess thats fair) but I have no money left - I Know my issues are not as important as alot of other peoples so please dont call me selfish, I know I already am.

I really dont know what to do with my life. thanks.

2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey zombie,

welcome to the forum :)

sorry things are so bad for you. its ok to cry hun and sometimes it takes time to sort you life out in the direction in which you want it to go... what do you think would help you in a positive way at the moment?

we're here if you want to talk

:hug:

3. ZombieNation

Thank you :) I'm not sure what would help :blink: I think getting the job I want would be nice, but that wont happen. Alot of things I need to change.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

your needs are as important as others. 17 is a hard age not old enough to be an adult yet but expected to act that way. I think going to councillor at any college will help you get into a trade or career that you want that you feel would make you happy. Talk to a councillor and set up support systems so you can go to college. You will be 18 in a year then you can move out and get a job that you are comfortable with Hang in okay so many choices at your age.

5. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Hey ZombieNation, I think it's cool that you're working and aren't hating your parents for charging you money to stay with them. At seventeen that's a pretty strange thing for them to do, whether you're in school or not, and pretty mature of you to accept it anyway. Have you thought about attending a community college and transferring credits to a full university later? Many of the CCs out there require only that you be 18 and willing to work to be admitted. The credits can be used to transfer to just about any university and if you keep your GPA up you can get a scholarship, or multiple scholarships. The opportunities available to one after attending a good college with good grades are vast.

6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey Alex glad you are posting and sharing. You sound like a very mature 17 year old. And like was mentioned earlier that is such a tough age to be. But it sounds like you can hold your own so please do. Dont for a second think that your issues arent important. If they are causing you stress or pain then they are just as important as anybody elses. You arent selfish hun, you are just trying to find a better life. Who isnt?

I loved your last line, " I really dont know what to do with my life." It shows to me that you still see having a future, wanting to find some answers and being alive to do someting with your life. Something better than you are experiencing now. So please keep posting, reading other threads and posts, finding support and help. I think you will turn this around and given some time and a few new resources and ideas you will know what and where you want your life to lead you.

7. ZombieNation

I appreciate all your posts :) It's so nice to be complimented and cared for.

Like I said I didnt get the school grades to go to college and dont really fancy resitting 5 years of high school to have a 50/50 chance of getting in to college.

As for counceling I'm not really sure - I dont get on with people like that haha :) I just feel stuck because of these reasons really.

I hope you guys and girls will keep posting ~ I'm more active in the chat fyi! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.