I'm not sure how to take this

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by LostInMyDaydreams, Sep 1, 2016.

1. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Due to getting bullied I'm not sure how to look at this as. Maybe I'm just looking too deeply into this because I've been bullied too much or maybe I'm too sensitive I'm not sure. I'm not crying over it or anything like that though I've been having a stressful week and after it was said I can't stop thinking about it.

A friend of mine called me an alien. I'm not sure if it was a compliment or it was said to try to hurt my feelings. My mother thinks I'm stressing out over nothing and she's probably right though I was bullied and abused and I've cried a lot already this summer and it seems like I have a lot of pent up anger inside of me due to bullying and being in an abusive relationship. As of right now I'm very confused and I'm pretty much avoiding talking to a lot of people these days because of it..... because so many people bully me and pick on me.

I feel like the next time someone picks on me I might explode on them.

2. Emily K

Emily K Member

Hi,

I'm going to try to say something that might help, but it might not to you. At least I'll try my best.
    I've exploded before, and it's really not fun nor safe nor good. I felt like I couldn't control the way I acted and what I did and I'm lucky that I didn't do anything too major. I think it's really important to avoid exploding at all costs, but I know that can be a really hollow thing to say. I obviously don't know the full story of your situation, but I think the best thing is to be able to talk to someone such as a friend or maybe a therapist. I'm not sure if a therapist would be an option for your family, but I think you should definitely consider this as an important step to feeling better.
    Secondly, when reading your post you mentioned being bullied. Again, I don't know the details of your situation but bullying is not something that should be happening. I really do hope that you will try to tell someone so it can come to an end. I'm really sorry that you're suffering, and I really do hope that you will begin to get help.

Take care,

Emily

3. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hey Girly,

Next time you come online IM me ok?

I care for you

Take Care

4. narc0tics

narc0tics Member

Speaking in general pent up emotions will build over courses of being bullied/called names/being made fun of, for sure. The fact that you're not crying about it is good, it shows strength, and surely your stressful week has affected how you're feeling, too.

Regarding the alien thing; it could've been interpreted either way, it kinda depends on how they said it.

In terms of your feelings, do you have any good outlets to let out how you're feeling? Well, anyways, PM me if you need support or something.

5. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

I've also been left out, picked on and bullied throughout my childhood into today! I feel you about the wanting to blow up in someone's face the next time they insult you in anyway way, but it's better to just be peace and let them get frustrated that they cannot get to you, and it backfires onto them. I have also been in an abusive relationship, beyond belief abusive and it was the sole motivation for me to seek out and find this place. My life feels truly f**d up right now, it was a truly messed up chapter of my life. My life/self/identity does feel damaged and exploited due to it, but damage can overtime be mended. I encourage you to just keep going and ignore the haters or the name calling, it's irrelevant and not accurate if you do not approve of it. People will always act stupidly and talk stupidly. I just accept they have alot of maturity to achieve and I am not responsible for them.