I'm not sure :\

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mama_Pills, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

I don't like thinking that I have an eating disorder, but I'm afraid I'm developing one.

This year I lost 15 pounds, but it could be due to depression and a sudden increase in exercise. I don't like food, and it makes me sick when I have to sit with my family at dinner and I have to see and listen to them eat. I watch my weight like crazy, and I would rather drink a cup of coffee for lunch than eat something, and I drink at least 2 cups of coffee every morning, because I know that if I drink too much of it it makes me sick, and I feel like it will help me maintain the weight I'm at if I eat breakfast and dinner. I don't like to think about this being wrong, because I'm not really inducing losing my breakfast myself.

I've struggled with self-esteem issues all my life. I've never had a boyfriend, and I've never had anyone interested. It's also hard to look at myself and be happy with what I see in an industry where perfection is important (I'm a Musical Theater major). I'm scared, but I love losing weight, and being able to see my ribs and my hip bones.
  2. handbags

handbags New Member

i understand how u feel....
  3. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

I know how it's like. Depression can influence the way people eat.
    I just eat enough to survive, not a big fan of food myself.
  4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, and essentially stopped eating, often for extended periods of time. What got me over it (today's my 50th day!) was stopping snacking, especially on things that tend to be rich in calories/sugars/fats. By having regular meals that I was hungry for, I was then more likely to eat health, filling meals instead of insubstantial calories (which I would then regret, leading me to eat more)

The hardest part is realizing that you MUST change your habits, or face the consequences. That was incredibly difficult.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.