I'm nothing

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Autumn01, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Anyone else here feel like they are Nothing?
    I'll be 31 next month and I haven't done shit with my life.
    I'm nothing to be proud of, no one worth mentioning, just a fucking loser.
    I'm so depressed, unmotivated, and wanting to end my life- so I could really care less.

2. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

i feel the same way, yet i also feel its because i wasn't given the chance to do what i wanted to do. pretty much have a failed degree and everything else and wanting to end my life as well. but since i'm "only" 25, i still have a couple more years to go through.

3. Autumn01

I'm sorry that you feel the same way :( :hug:
    Atleast you have a degree- I don't have shit.
    I know it's no one else's fault but my own.

4. She

She Member

There is something wonderful in everyone, I think. This is probably skewed logic as I'm a really less than adequate girl; I guess it is always easier to see the beauty in other people. There is no part of me that doubts you both are special, these are just tough times.

5. perfected

perfected Member

31 as well... done a few things in my life... but having been so happy at times... and having spent so long building things to only see it crumble and burn... I feel as though its all amounted to nothing.

There are things I keep thinking if I just had again... I'd be ok with everything. I know that's not really true, but if I can't think at least that, then I really do have nothing.

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I feel like i am nothing a lot hun. But im sure your not a loser.... you have friends and family that would miss you dearly if you were to take your life.. that right there shows your not a loser.

Hang in there hun...if you need someone to talk to pm me :hug:

7. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

I hope you don't feel that having a degree means anything. A degree may signify that you've gone through education, but it doesn't automatically make you talented. I guess most people have a failed degree, I just wish I was using mine or given the opportunity.. I hope you find yours.

8. losthope

losthope Well-Known Member

That's exactly how I feel too.

9. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I second that as well, just wanted to say you aint alone feeling like that trust me =\

10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

HI autumn..I'm glad to see you are still around...often wonder how you are..
    you are a worthwhile human being.....tell us more about why you are so down on yourself......:hug:

11. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

Hey Autumn..

I feel like this very often and I just turned 31 in February. I start a lot of things but I don't finish them. I have nothing to be proud of except my daughter and I keep her at a slight distance (mentally) in case she dies so it wont hurt so bad. I know it will regardless, but my brain wont let me believe it. ( I am sure that sounds weird)
    She's my little angel and the only reason I am alive today.
    I am pretty ashamed of it. When I was little, I was told that I had a lot of potential by my family and teachers all of the time but I have wasted it all trying to escape my pain for years now.
    I don't like knowing it's my own fault either.

:hug:

12. Autumn01

Thank you- lachrymose27, She, perfected, painfulmemories3, lost hope, LostsJavaTest, IV2010, and Infinite Sadness ((((Big Hugs)))) to all of you :hug:

I can relate to how all of you feel.

painfulmemories3- Thanks, but I'm not so sure I would be missed by anyone.
    I have no one.

lachrymose27- I do feel that having a degree means something.
    I feel like most people don't want to associate with me because I don't have a degree so they see me as a loser. I always intended to go to college for something but I just kept putting it off so here I am about 13 years later after having graduated from high school and still haven't gone to college.
    I know they say it's never to late to go to college but all I can think about is ending my life- as I have so many other problems too.
    From what I've experienced in my life- people associate having a degree as being someone/that you're successful- without that you're not worth talking to and considered trash. My mom doesn't help- I've heard her talking to old friends on the phone and mentioning to them about how I never went to college, not married ect.......- when they ask about me. How nice of my mom to think I'm a loser too.

IV2010- Thanks. I often think about you too.
    I just feel like complete crap- I'll be 31 next month- I've never been to college, I'm out of a job and can't find one to save my life- everyone turns me away- alot of that probably has to do with the fact that I don't have any education past high school- so they see me as uneducated and beneath them. I have so many problems- most of which can't be changed. I hate my teeth- even though most people think they are fine and I lately I keep going to bed without even flossing and brushing them- so I feel even more like shit the next day- It's takes me soooo long to floss and brush- so it's very physically exhausting, tiring and never-ending- everyday same old shit.
    I'm not worthwhile to anyone. My life is just a downward spiral.
    I'm tired of being in this battle and I just want to die.

Infinite Sadness- I'm sorry. I see you as a worthwhile person. You are valuable hun. I know your daughter would be lost without you. All of us would be too.

13. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Hello sweetheart,

Please don't think so negative of yourself. You're not a loser, and no one views you as a loser. You don't have to be a top scientist, have a degree, be a surgeon or famous, to have done something In your life, either :) You're still sufficient!
    I'm only 15, and I think I've done something. I help as much as I can towards anyone, and I give people compliments. Have u done that? Things like having gone to church, or being part of some association count. Or any way you've helped someone. You should be proud of those.
    I do not have any sort of motive because I have belief In myself no matter my situation. As long as u have a little belief, everything can be alright. Please try to develope that. Have belief In yourself and you might not be In such a stump anymore . I hope you're alright, sweetheart. You're meant to live . Continue on, my love :)!

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
  14. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

you are not a loser autumn.....please be kinder to yourself...you were a comfort to me when you were on here last time....
    does your Mum actually call you a loser or is it your interpretation of what she tells people?....telling her friends the facts and calling someone a loser are 2 diferent things..
    I understand what you're saying about the teeth cleaning....sounds like a bit of OCD....we seem to focus on one thing and nothing makes us feel better about it....
    I think too much emphasis is placed on having a degree and there are many people on here with degrees who feel the same as you do....
    have you thought about taking any job you can get just to keep you busy and focused?..
    please take care and don't be so hard on yourself...

15. Caska

Caska Active Member

I am also 31 and I have done nothing as well. I don't have a future either. I would end my life with you, at least we coud accomplish one thing before we die. But honestly, I don't think you should. You might not have accomplished anything yet, but you might still. If you even have a glimmer of hope, you might not want to yet. If you lack that glimmer, then it might be the right time.

16. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I can relate to how you are feeling. I only recently started college and I am 22. I have no friends, nothing to be proud of, I don't even love myself, I can't even fake loving myself, sometimes I don't give a shit about life and just want to die, in fact i feel it everyday, I am not sure why I haven't done myself yet.

17. frostbitten1997

frostbitten1997 Account Closed

I feel the same,im 42 and have done nothing with my life.I have no friends no wife no kids nothing.Im almost always depressed and unmotivated and all i can think of is to end my life as well

18. jabooty

jabooty Banned Member

listen guys/girls this economy has all of us fucked up! take it from a person who hasnt had full time employment for 1.5 years and Im more than qualified...but hey guess what every dog has its day. I found a job finally and you will as well. You just have to keep fighting. I actually had given up the search altogether. You just have to be strong now more than ever. Ill be 40 this year and altho I do have a 21 yr old child, ive never been married and have lost everything. I feel liberated actually...ready to start fresh, buy new shit, do new things, I look at life differently these days!

This too shall pass, you just have to allow it to!

by hurting yourself(ves) will not help your situation and just upset those that are around you.

19. Morbituarty

Morbituarty Well-Known Member

I'm nothing too.

20. Autumn01

Mari,

Thanks for all the encouraging words. :hug:
    I am always hard on myself- guess it's in my blood with my low self esteem.

Thanks IV- But I feel like I am. My life has gone no where.
    I'm glad that I was a comfort to you. You are so sweet.

My mom hasn't actually called me a loser-not that I know of anyway but, it's pretty much like she is already saying it- she's just phrasing it in a different way. Yes, my teeth brushing/flossing is OCD.

Caska, I'm sorry that you feel the same way that I do.

justme00, I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling the same way too.
    I'm not sure why I haven't killed myself yet either.

frostbitten1997, I'm sorry you have the same thoughts as well.
    I'm always depressed and unmotivated too.

Morbituarty, I'm sorry you can relate too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.