i'm ok, just tired of living

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by slummy, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slummy

slummy Member

grew up loveless, would like love. Not seeming to ever work out for me. Can't fathom another heartbreak, though i feel one pending. When and if that reigns down, I'll be looking for the way out. o:hisexy:

2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Hi slummy! Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're havin a tough time in the love dept. It's out there, but can be challenging to find a healthy partner. Hang in there, and again-welcome!

3. KatyKate

KatyKate Antiquities Friend

:wave:
    Hi Slummy :welcome: to SF. I can totally relate to how you feel...i'm 39 and yet to have a relationship that lasts...have had so many fail...men seem to see my kindness as weakness and use me, but I hold on to a belief that some day someone will come along and sweep me off my feet and treat me as an equal...without hope there is no point. I don't go searching but hopefully it will happen when I least expect it.
    Although I would say...i am ok on my own, and I don't define myself as a person or my success by my relationships. I don't have a desperate need to have a man, but I would, as most people do like to be in a loving relationship. One day...i'm sure. :sigh:
    Take care :arms:
    Love & hugs Kate :cheekkiss:

4. loopy

loopy Well-Known Member

Hi slummy. Im in the midst of heartbrek too "soul destroying" is how my gp described it this week.

A million hugs from me cos I know just how it can make you feel xx

5. slummy

slummy Member

thanks for the encouragement. I just turned 44, a couple days back. I do see a loving relationship as fundamental to my happiness. I'm not engaged in going kayaking alone, cooking my own food, returning to my own empty place. And I'm a nice gentle soul, smart, conversant, open, a good lover. So what's the problem; universe, a little charity please.

But as such, I'm feeling the rug pulled out from my current affair, one in which we both wholeheartedly exchanged the L word. What happened was complicated, and I won't go into it, other than to say it was broken communication.

Now, I feel, if this fails, I don't want to try anymore. Period.

6. wpgnorth

wpgnorth New Member

Sound off: Me too, I am tired of living. I am retired now, and disabled with heart disease and diabetes. Age 61. My family is all grown, two daughters ages 28 and 31, and I have four wonderful grandchildren. No husband since 1983. I worked and raised my children myself after he left me. I have everything I need, a beautiful home, a good view of nature outside, and my health needs are looked after. I can handle, although barely, physically looking after myself, my home, and my things. However, my daughters are constantly after me for help and for cash. They are always having trouble with their husbands, and I have to hear all that. Why can't they just get on with their lives, so I can live what is left of mine IN PEACE? Family too, seven brothers and sisters and their families, everyone calling only when they NEED something. It has gotten so that I dread phone calls, the door buzzer ringing, the emails, even Facebook. I want to throw the phone across the room, and smash my computers. I get so desperate and frustrated. My family is killing me. I wish I could get at least weekends off when no one at all phones me and asks for help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.