I'm one of the 55

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Broken Spirit, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Spirit

Broken Spirit Well-Known Member

I'm one of the 55. Are You?

Don't even think about using spell check!!!!!!!!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
  2. Dreamland

Dreamland Well-Known Member

I guarantee a couple of people I know who read SUPER slowly are basically looking at every letter and are part of the other proportion of people. Not that that makes them stupid, but more that maybe that's the key to why they don't read faster...

In any case, this still was fun to read and totally understand. It's more shocking how fast you can actually read it, too. I mean understanding it is one thing, but I bet if you can read it you can read it quickly aloud, too.
  3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

55 out of 100 is a majority, bub. Therefore 'strange' = 'normal'. :wink:

And yes I can read that bit no problemo.
  4. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I can read it no problem. But am I the only one STILL bothered by the misspellings even though I can read it? lol
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Virtually everyone can read that, if they can read. The way reading works is that we absorb all of the letters in a word and match them to a word having that mix of letters - ordering is secondary.
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I could read it but I am the slowest reader..it seemed easier to read than the way we spell the words "normally'
  7. Dreamland

Dreamland Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing, so you're not alone! :laugh:
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I could read it. That's what my journal entries sound like after I've been drinking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.