I'm Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, My name is Philip and I am having a very hard time. A year ago I had open heart surgery and when I recovered enough to go back to work my boss laid me off. This mean no insurance. Unemployment is not enough to make ends meet, so my savings are slowly running out. I have always been depressed. On March 6th I will mark the 9th anniversary of the death of my sister. She was my only relative and my best friend. I pray everyday and no relief comes. I am hoping that being here will be a therapeutic thing for me. Thanks kindly for listening.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I just want to say hi You have gone through so much i hope you do have a therapist to help you with everything. I am glad you are reaching out here for support hugs to you

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Hi and welcome...it is so difficult to restructure a life after losing someone you love so dearly...I do not think we 'get over' such losses...I think the pain becomes less paralyzing and some life gets in again...have you considered grief counselling or such to help you? I found this very valuable and has allowed me to have some light when I felt so terribly dark and lost...welcome again, J

Thank you for thinking of me today. I am so sorry you are dealing with so much. It pleased me to know you understand the special meaning a pet can give us. They are all I have and my only and I mean only reason for living. I hope we will be able to chat more. I am using a smartphone and typing with one finger! And still feel intimidated by this huge site. Still not sure about where to go....but I know I need help and support. Losing a cat in the last few days has made everything worse. Hang in there.....I am trying to do so as well.

I know exactly what you mean. Taking care of my cats keeps me sane. One of them if helping me type right now. I look forward to chatting with you some more. We all have to help each other. I don't sleep much lately so this is a great way to spend the night. I look forward to talking to you again.

Jenny

Staff Alumni
Hi Philip

:welcome: to the forum. Sorry to hear about your problems sleeping - I can certainly relate. Hope the forum helps you through this difficult time, as well as your little kitty - they're so adorable aren't they :cat:

Take care
Jenny

My sister was the only relative I had left. That is one of the issues I have been trying to cope with. Everyone here has been very nice and I thank you all for the kind words.

Hi Everyone, My name is Philip and I am having a very hard time. A year ago I had open heart surgery and when I recovered enough to go back to work my boss laid me off. This mean no insurance. Unemployment is not enough to make ends meet, so my savings are slowly running out. I have always been depressed. On March 6th I will mark the 9th anniversary of the death of my sister. She was my only relative and my best friend. I pray everyday and no relief comes. I am hoping that being here will be a therapeutic thing for me. Thanks kindly for listening.
what you have been through must have been so hard and you are very brave to reach out for help. i will pray that things will get better for you.just remember that no matter how bad it gets or how bad you feel the little things in life will save you. always look for what is beautiful around you, whether its some thing as simple as an azelea bush in your neighbors yard or whatever music you enjoy. lose yourself in that it will keep you grounded and help those negative thoughts its something that i have recently learned that has helped me. just take a little time each day to do something for you. something that can bring a small light of joy. it helps to keep you sane. and remember we are here and we care.

Animosity

Forum & Chat Buddy
Hello, Welcome to SF! I hope you find the support you are looking for! If you need anything or need a friend or something don't hesitate to PM me. :) Can't wait to see you posting more! :hug: Take care!

Hello, Welcome to SF! I hope you find the support you are looking for! If you need anything or need a friend or something don't hesitate to PM me. :) Can't wait to see you posting more! :hug: Take care!
Thank you for the welcome. I just might take you up on your offer. It is always nice to chat with people who understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00