I'm pissed and overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I live with my aunt, and my mother is coming to visit. I don't like this as I am sick of my mother's passive aggressive hypocritical bullshit. I have no options, and while I don't want to get into everything (mainly because it seems like my posts are suddenly not important to answer, yes, i know im being selfish in saying that) but i am tired of all fault being dumped on me.

i swear to God I will take my life before i keep dealing with this one died bullshit.
  2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Passive aggression is hard to deal with.
    Is just avoiding her as much as possible an option?
  3. sadhart

Not really...it doesn't matter anyway, there's too many things not going right in my life and I'm sick of hurting in vain like this.
  4. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

I wonder if there is a place where you can get specific help with dealing with passive aggression? I know its fairly common so others must struggle with it as well.
  5. sadhart

Probably not. Besides, i have to deal with the fact that I can "never change" someone else, especially someone like my mother. What pisses me off though how she and others always tries to change me, in a mostly self serving way.
  6. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

had my fill of that behavior from my mother and her companion a couple of years ago

only way to avoid it was to cut them both off completely - not the best solution but the only one that let me stay sane
  7. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear they over-whelm you. I know that feeling. Do you think if things get to much when she comes to visit you could go for a walk? Might ease your mind, go for a bit of a jog. Take yourself away from the stressful situation. I know it might be hard, but give her a chance, and once she starts, step away from the situation, so it does not become overwhelming.

Take care-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.