I'm pretty predictable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrick Malcof

I'm not sure what the cause of the problem is. Do you feel bored and trapped/powerless by your present circumstances and can't imagine them ever being able to change them to more satisfying ones? Would this be too difficult? Why? Or can you not imagine any circumstances in which you would feel better than you do now? If you knew you couldn't fail, what would you do/be ( excluding suicide, that is)?
I would describe it as an impotent feedback loop. I put in effort, create an outcome, get no reward from it, put in less effort, get less of an outcome etc. Whatever I do is not enough to feel good about, no matter how good it is. If I couldn't fail, I would be alone. Disperse from the thoughts and memories of others and let life take it's course. Is that suicide? If so, I'm clueless as to what I'd do

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You wouldn't need a lot of money to tranquillize your mind. Only enough for basic necessities. Simpler living outwardly means greater peace inwardly. What do you need apart from that?

Wrick Malcof

You wouldn't need a lot of money to tranquillize your mind. Only enough for basic necessities. Simpler living outwardly means greater peace inwardly. What do you need apart from that?
I'd have to leave everything here. If I could be at peace it wouldn't be surrounded by memories and friendly faces

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Real peace stays regardless of outer conditions, but if your present environment is not conducive to it why don't you leave? There must be more tranquil surroundings somewhere in the world.

Wrick Malcof

Real peace stays regardless of outer conditions, but if your present environment is not conducive to it why don't you leave? There must be more tranquil surroundings somewhere in the world.
I'm not prepared to leave. I can't afford to prepare. I'm also keen on avoiding any conversation where I tell my parents I'm never seeing them again

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
If you did leave you don't have to tell them you'll never see them again. The whole point of leaving would be to find less mentally disturbing conditions so you could find inner silence and become inwardly free. Having found that, there's no need to never see your parents again.

Wrick Malcof

If you did leave you don't have to tell them you'll never see them again. The whole point of leaving would be to find less mentally disturbing conditions so you could find inner silence and become inwardly free. Having found that, there's no need to never see your parents again.
If I leave, I know certainly I won't return. I would leave to symbolize I'm no longer a part of what happens at this point on the planet

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I would leave to symbolize I'm no longer a part of what happens at this point on the planet
When we reach the point where the world has nothing more to offer, we are faced with a choice: suicide or to heal. In describing his choice this blogger concluded "There are still a lot of questions, of course, but increasingly I see the task isn’t to answer those questions but to let them go, because the mind is just getting in the way of things" and
"Instead of pronouncing 'I think, therefore I am,' perhaps it would be better to realize that 'I think, therefore I suffer.'"

https://www.inspiratus.org/conscious-living/ending-suffering-part-4-ending-me/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00