I'm pretty sure my sister has anorexia?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by xoCherie, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

Considering I'm a size 8, and 10kg underweight (stress from the last few months, go through my threads to understand) but I plan on gaining it back because I know it's not healthy...plus I miss my breasts. Anyway, she's literally skin and bones. She'll eat like 3 mouthfuls of anything put in front of her, she dance a lot, she' sleeping a lot, she's getting stoned a lot...I'm just worried
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think you need to bring this up then with your parents soon as anorexia can cause so much damage to organs ect hun she needs help so get it for her hun okay
  3. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

she's getting stoned? i think than at least that's a reason to be worried about her health.
    maybe her figure and her loss of apetite is due to her drug consume...
  4. BelladonnaM

BelladonnaM Account Closed

I've struggled with anorexia for a long time and what made it worse was that not only did no one notice, but my parents liked me to be underweight so I got their approval. I'm not trying to imply that your parents are like that, but I'm bringing this up because if they or my sibling noticed, I think I might have struggled less. I would have felt cared for. If I even found out that my sister posted on a forum to figure out how to help her, I'd feel loved.

One thing, though, Total Eclipse is obviously right about your parents needing to know, but, I wanted to add one thing. Anorexia for a lot of us is about control. I believe that if you were to ask her directly about how she feels that would feel more secure. If it were me and my sister discussed me with my parents, first, that would make me feel out of control and more anorexic...sort of a "them against me" feeling. I would talk to her first and she may deny having a problem completely, even after you bring up her actions that worry you, but if she still worries you, after talking to her, because she still acts anorexic, I'd talk to your parents.
  5. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

Okay well, she's five years older than me, and I'm eighteen. She moved out ages ago, I just moved out last Wednesday. I've brought it up with both her and her boyfriend, and they're like "it's B's fault, he starved her/me for a week" or "it's the stress of everything" and just keep making up excuses. I'm not even sure I give a shit anymore after last night :/ (I'll post a topic about that in the uncertainty principle). I'm getting sick of me being the only one that's trying to help her in a house full of five people. I can't fucking handle this on my own.
  6. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

Seeing how she is still worrying you, AND you tried. Talking to her, I think you should get support for yourself, whether it is talking to your parents, friends, or a counselor for people who have eating disordered loved ones. What you are dealing with is painful and you shouldn't have to deal alone. That way, when your sis is ready to accept your help, you will feel strong and knowledgible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.