• Both the iOS/ Apple iPhone/ iPad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recieve a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

i'm ready oops no i'm not

1964dodge

when you help people you help yourself
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I like a lot of people with chronic physical or mental health problems sometimes say to themselves enough no more pain. even this morning it was a bad night and morning and I began with those bad thoughts, I wasn't close but I was considering it again. I have seen a lot of people here get close and find a way back. I think people should always remember that you can make it through a crises even if you need help. I sometimes think of ideation, considering, etc. but I can tell you from experience no matter how bad things get it's worth sticking around. will I see my first great grandchild in a few years, my daughters wedding next month, and yes even getting my car repainted, what can you think for reasons to stick around? what if I wasn't here all the things I would have missed. I would like the pain to stop or get better but i'm trying and it's working a little. I hope this can inspire some people to stay, work on lessening pain, and enjoying what you can out of life. mike

Winslow

Antiquitie's Friend
SF Supporter
Mike, your expression of "oops" is certainly apropos. Because it represents the times when we get Relapses so we have to catch it right away and re-align ourselves. As confident as we are, we sometimes relapse. The point is to speed up our recovery time. Practice of resilience.
Your reasoning is solid, Mike. While death would remove the pain but it would also make us lose so much more of our gifts. And there are gifts aplenty just as you described from your own life. The pain is far outweighed by the gifts in life, both yours and mine. So the choice is clear. We choose life.

1964dodge

when you help people you help yourself
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Mike, your expression of "oops" is certainly apropos. Because it represents the times when we get Relapses so we have to catch it right away and re-align ourselves. As confident as we are, we sometimes relapse. The point is to speed up our recovery time. Practice of resilience.
Your reasoning is solid, Mike. While death would remove the pain but it would also make us lose so much more of our gifts. And there are gifts aplenty just as you described from your own life. The pain is far outweighed by the gifts in life, both yours and mine. So the choice is clear. We choose life.
I've already planned my death and i'm going to do everything I can to make it happen. 90 years old of natural causes surrounding my bed will be my family, even ones that haven't been born yet. then I can write my final lines of a good life in the book of my life. well that's my dream death anyhow lol

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
I like a lot of people with chronic physical or mental health problems sometimes say to themselves enough no more pain. even this morning it was a bad night and morning and I began with those bad thoughts, I wasn't close but I was considering it again. I have seen a lot of people here get close and find a way back. I think people should always remember that you can make it through a crises even if you need help. I sometimes think of ideation, considering, etc. but I can tell you from experience no matter how bad things get it's worth sticking around. will I see my first great grandchild in a few years, my daughters wedding next month, and yes even getting my car repainted, what can you think for reasons to stick around? what if I wasn't here all the things I would have missed. I would like the pain to stop or get better but i'm trying and it's working a little. I hope this can inspire some people to stay, work on lessening pain, and enjoying what you can out of life. mike
Hey Mike, I hope you hang on there a little more bud and I hope there are some more pain meds and therapy for you brother, dont give you up love you bro. *hug

Gonz

I've already planned my death and i'm going to do everything I can to make it happen. 90 years old of natural causes surrounding my bed will be my family, even ones that haven't been born yet. then I can write my final lines of a good life in the book of my life. well that's my dream death anyhow lol
Like my grandfather. Just shy of 90. His whole family was there, everybody had time to tell him goodbye and that we love him. He told my grandmother “I love you enormously” and then he just closed his eyes and went to sleep and never woke up again. Losing him hurt, but it was kind of like finishing a good book; sad that it was over, but satisfied that everything had ended the way it was supposed to. If people have to die, then I wish every death could be like that.

Witty_Sarcasm

Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen
Like my grandfather. Just shy of 90. His whole family was there, everybody had time to tell him goodbye and that we love him. He told my grandmother “I love you enormously” and then he just closed his eyes and went to sleep and never woke up again. Losing him hurt, but it was kind of like finishing a good book; sad that it was over, but satisfied that everything had ended the way it was supposed to. If people have to die, then I wish every death could be like that.
I wish I could love this, but since I can only "like" it, it's the highest degree of like.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$290.00
Goal
$255.00