I'm ready to explode here...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wonderer, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

So... my best friend and I haven't been speaking much at all. I asked her two weeks ago if she'd come to a counselling appointment with me because she keeps telling me I'm abusive emotionally and I can't explain to anyone else how I am. Therefore I can't do anything about it. And because I don't think its a good idea to talk to her without an unbiased 3rd person there because everything I say ends up as "abuse". When I asked she said she didn't trust my motives but that she'd consider it, and then said some nasty shit and we got in a fight of sorts. Haven't talked in a while now.
    I emailed her this morning to ask her if she thinks she's gonna come, because I'm going to have to plan that in the near future (we've got a 1 week window when it could work). And now I'm going nuts. I don't know if I should have said anything to her at all. I just GAVE her another opportunity to hurt me and blame shit on me. And I don't even know if I'll hear back from her at all. She's not gonna come, its stupid of me to think she would. And its my own damn fault for not being good enough and for being stupid enough to let her hurt me. I never should told her anything about myself... And now I feel like I'm just waiting for my inevitable execution, and its all my fault for being stupid.
  2. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

Hey, i know that it sucks when your friends dont talk to you. But, from the sound of things, it seems like your friend is the one thats emotionally abusive. And its better for YOU not to have people like that in your life. But, regardless, I hope that everything works out for you. Bonne Chance!
  3. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

Yeah, she sounds like she's abusing you! You don't need someone who can make you feel so bad about yourself. You're not stupid at all. You have shown you have iniative in making the appointment, and have shown you care about your friendship enough to want to save it. If she has decided to not go, she isn't worth it.
    You're a good person, please find friends that appreciate you for who you are!
  4. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

i agree with down_and_low, friends are supposed to be supportive and love you for you, if she's not prepared to help you take this huge (and might i say very admirable) step to counseling, then she just isn't a friend...

i'll come to counseling if you want! :wink:

5. vbuk

vbuk Staff Alumni

hey hun, sorry your friend has done this to you. friends are ment to be supportive. i agree with the others. she does sound abusive and you do not need that in your life.

You are not stupid. think of it not that you gave her another opportunity to hurt you - more like you gave her one more opportunity to be a true friend. if she hurts you walk away hunny. she isnt worth it.

Remember you have friends here who will support you through the highs and the lows.

Im always here if you ever need a chat

Hugs love and kisses

Clare xxx
  6. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

Er... wait, your BEST friend? Hurts you and blames you for everything?

That doesn't fit my definition of "friend" at all, but maybe I should check a newer dictionary.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.