Im really not sure...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by suicide_machine, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Hey everybody, first off im kinda new to this whole forum thing, but i find it kinda pleasing that some people can actually care.
    But anyway, heres my situation. Im 17 years old in 11th grade, and have not had a girlfriend, yet much interactions with the opposite sex. Well the other day this one girl had approched me, we conversated and that was all. Then later my "friend" suggest that i ask her out, i said no for the simple reason that i wasn't interested in her much.(not trying to sound like a shallow jerk or anything like that) So as i miss the next couple days of school, my friend comes over after school and says that my other "friend" is talking about how he really things im gay and stuff like that, which im not, and his reason behind saying this is because i didn't wanna go out with that one girl, and because i don't talk much to many girls around school. Not that i find ANYTHING wrong with people being gay, its just not me and im kinda pissed that he would say something like that, and now i feel like im questioning my sexuality based on his sayings.
    Sorry that this was kind of long, but i just really needed to vent i guess, and i really need some advice as to just forget about it or what. And also if this situation makes me some pathetic guy who will probably be lonley without a girlfriend for the rest of my life?
  2. Fishman

Fishman Guest

People develop at different ages, some don't even until they are 21. Don't think that just because you have a girlfriend things are going to change for you and their going to fix everything, relationships are a lot of work and a big strain mentally. There are plenty of people that don't go in for the whole dating thing until much later in life not because there is something wrong with them but because of other reasons such as focusing on work or developing there personality, 30's a time you should be worried about it if it hasn't happened yet not 17.

And if your not interested in the person why force yourself to be interested in them? logically thats just silly and dishonest.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

those guys are just being childish and i wouldnt worry about it too much. 17 is still young, you have loads of time to have a relationship if you want one.
  4. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i think they sound verrry childish for 17.
    Dont let anyone rush you into anything. Find someone at your own pace.
    Normally, when people say things like that they are mearly venting their own insecurities
  5. pastelmoon

pastelmoon Active Member

My brother is 20 and has never had a girlfriend. Its because he's too shy not that he's gay. Your "friend" is a jerk for saying that and I would speak up for yourself. It in no way means you're gay. You are waiting for the right girl and thats a good thing.
  6. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I'm 22 and have never been with a woman before. The only person who has voiced the opinion that I might be gay is my mother. She always drops not-very-subtle hints: "You know if you were gay I wouldn't care, I would love you no matter what, right?"

Thanks, mom :dry:
  7. fallen-angel

fallen-angel Member

i personally have had boyfriends since i was 14, i split up with the last one when i was 18 n havent wanted to get involved with anyone since. i should have spent teenage years as you seem to be, knowing what you want and what you dont, rather than running around after a partner n being in a relationship i was too young to deal with.
    so main point wait until you are comfortable, with a girl you really like, and dont be forced into having a relationship you will either be bored with or worse regret.
    your right, your friend isnt :smile:
    and it doesnt matter whether your gay or not, but you will know yourself deep down what you find sexually and emotionally attractive. i think. lol.

feel free to correct anything iv said.
    and im sorry for wittering.
  8. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Your friend is a jerk, don't let it bother you.
  9. Thanks alot for the suggestions and advice. Though lately i have tried to just forget about it and move on, the thought of what he said just angers me and it seems the people who were there when he said that honestley believe he is right (my "friend" i mean) But thank you guys for the replies, i really needed someones thoughts on the situation, and i had no one to ask.
  10. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

it doesnt matter what grade youre in, people cant just pressure you into wanting
    to go out with someone. it's a good thing that you didnt ask that girl out, because
    girls dont like when guys only ask them out before getting to know them, and also
    if she did like you, you could hurt her pretty badly if she found out you werent
    totally interested.

as for being gay, you would diffinatly know if you were or not. i mean if you stare
    at some guys balls then youre probably gay ;]

i know you got help already, but i thought it would be nice hearing from another

if you wanna talk privatly, then feel free to message me :]]

*good luck*