I'm running out of time

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by exkend, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Hello, I guess this is a cry for help. I'm very close now to ending it. I am now very close to feeling the hurt I will leave others will be submerged by my own pain and will push me over the edge.
    I have had a terrible life and have become a burdon on others as well as extreamly isolated, these are the main criteria for suicidal ideation. I have recently read myths about suicide by Thomas Joiner and am now reading After the suicide by Kari Dyregov both to better understand what I am experiencing and what others will. I just feel pain and fear almost constantly. I am seeing a T twice weekly and am on meds. Please any advise or help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

whoever is prescribing your meds, needs to know how you are feeling,

I'll not repeat the "happy" crap I was getting, it seemed like from everyone I tried to talk with. At least here I was with people that understood, who had been there.
    Talking helped me, and this place you can say what you need to say, without judgment or criticism.

A change in my meds helped me, along with fresh fruit and vegetables, and a little exercise ( a brief walk) That's what worked for me, your mileage may vary, etc.

Here, you're not a burden to us. Stick around, make some friends, if you want a private conversation, you can Private Message someone. We all try to help each other.

You might not believe right now, but you can offer a lot to someone else who is really hurting - many (most?) people "outside" are just repeating what they've read or heard about depression in particular, mental illness in general. No one can reach out to another better than someone who's been there, or still is there

3. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply 1Lefty. I exercise quite a lot and eat moderately healthy but it doesn't help. I just can't carry on feeling and being alone, rejected and useless. I couldn't help the people I love the most and now they are all leaving. I am just dead weight. I went to the the local church yesterday and managed to speak to the priest. I expained who I was, he made a point of asking have you been abused? I replied yes to which he nodded and then proceeded to tell me that I should join the local AA meetings to share my problems and go around randomly helping others. He also said all this suffering makes me a better more compassionate person.

I am running out of reasons to carry on

4. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Change in meds possible? It took quite awhile to find the combination of types and proper dosages

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.