i'm scared. [may trigger?]

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ela, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ela

ela New Member

for a while now i've had the urge to cut.
    i feel like i can't though because my friends would eventually find out. the thing is, they never notice my scars, so i imagine they'd never notice the new cuts either.
    i'm also afraid they'll abandon me, because they only know me as the crazy fun girl who loves music and being loud, not the clinically depressed cutter who feels dead inside and wants to die.
    i want them to know, but i'm scared to tell them.

2. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

hey hun and welcome. basic questions, are you on meds, having therapy, etc
    if not, you need to, to understand why you do what you do, and maybe help you not to do it. do you family know you cut? cutting old scars will make worse scares. i cant wear short sleeves as scars stand out and i dnt want anyone to know. before you tell, try and understand what makes you do it so you can explain rationally and maybe they will understand more.

keep posting here for help, many here are cutters and you may get some good advice :hug:

3. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

my sister has sh problems and i cant make them go away bit i do give her a big sister hug so here os one for u ! GIANT HUG xx

4. Booklover123

Booklover123 Member

It may be difficult to talk to friends, because you are afraid they will abandon you. However, talking to someone about your emotions can be really helpful. I found this out when I started going to therapy for my depression, suicidal thoughts, and self-harm. If they are true friends, they won't abandon you, but recognize you for who you are, an amazing individual, not just a self-harming girl who is clinically depressed. They may even be able to help you control your self-harm by keeping an eye out for it.
    Just make sure they are friends you can trust before you tell them. :smile::hug:

5. Push

Push Well-Known Member

Cutting is a very difficult thing for most people to handle. I am guessing that you want to tell them so they will help you not to cut? Talking to a therapist might be the best place to start. :hug:

6. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

how often do you/ have you cut? is it an addiction or are the reasons still very real at the minute?
    im not going to be a hypocrite and tell you you must tell your family/friends, but a doc will help.
    stay safe
    :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.