I'm scared of myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by RedDove, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedDove

RedDove New Member

A few months ago I admitted to a friend that I loved her, she rejected me but was really kind about it and wants to preserve our friendship as it is. But everyday I love her more and it just won't go away, the only reason I get out of bed and go about my daily life is because I hope to see her. I can't stop thinking about her even though she's not interested and I think I've become obsessed. So now I'm trying to get a gun so I can kill myself before I become dangerous and do something bad to her.
    I don't know why I'm telling all you random people this though, I don't have any prospect of having a happy future, so why bother having one at all?

2. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

If it is true love then all you want is for her to be happy. Be the friend she wants. And you do have a future. Life is for growing, learning, exploring and meeting new people. There is some one in this world who will love you. Explore my friend.

3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I'm with Jamie on this. When we're in the middle of a rough place, all we can see is our inner pain or our catastrophe, and become blind to the thousands of possibilities all around us. You might try stepping out of the place you're in long enough to reassess, to regroup, and take a little time to contemplate the possibility of making that move back from love to friendship. When love is involved, our hearts aren't always rational.

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi RedDove. Please rethink your plan of buying a gun and killing yourself, just because your girlfriend just wants to be friends with you and not lovers. Sometimes you have to love someone enough to let them go. If you truly love this girl then let her be free to be with who she wants. Women generally go for jerks and players, which is unfortunate.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Reddove,
    It sounds like you are stuck in the heard. You have two coices one you can stay in the heard and look at asshole all day . Or two you can step out of the heard and see more clearly. You need to make peice with your self that she is involved with someone else. You need to do the same thing. Start looking again!! You can do it!!
    Start by looking at your options and pick the ones you can relate to and put the rest on the back burner for now. Now take the options you chose and turn them into short term goals. Once you acheive a goal then give yourself a pat on the back for being positive..Good Luck and I hope this helped a little...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.