I'm scared

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by StillYoung, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StillYoung

StillYoung Member

I'm moving to live for a month with my grandparents alone while my mom stays here for the divorce papers and selling the house. I am not only terrified about having to go to a new place being practically alone ( my mom is the only member of my family I trust and find supportive) but I have to live with a rapist. I am terrified. He raped my cousin, nobody did anything, now I have to live with him. With all the deep phobia I have towards rape I have to live with him and sleep while he is there too. It's very scary. I don't care if he's an old man, it scares me. I feel so sickened and terrified of him that I may hit him if he even touches my hand. Why does it feel like no matter where I go I always have to live with a man that makes me fear for my safety? Any kind of support anyone can give me, just pray if you're religious or something, that would mean a lot to me. I hope everything goes alright.

2. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

hi still,

there are no good answers to your questions so i won't try to answer them... instead i'll just say, if anything does happen, thats even questionable, don't hesitate to call the cops or a hotline and/or tell someone outside of the family..... it sounds like you are going to be your only hope at receiving help...so please, be your own advocate.... why do you have to stay there? have you expressed your fear to your mom?

3. StillYoung

StillYoung Member

I did say something about how I would have to stay with a perv but she didn't say anything about it. I do have to stay there because I don't have anywhere else to stay. I just hope we sell the house and my mom gets through the divorce papers fast because I know I would be safe there if I am with my mom. It'd be a problem because if anything happens and I call the cops where would I go to stay?

(I can choose to stay here with my mom and go later but I won't because if my mom doesn't have to take care of me it makes things easier for her starting with where she would stay and all, also staying around my dad isn't a good idea either, like this only I am in danger, with my dad I'd be putting both of us in danger)

4. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

sounds to me like you are putting everyone before yourself..... not always a smart thing to do, especially when you are still a minor -- its your parents that should put you before themselves, quite honestly. can i ask why you are putting them first? ie why dont you think you are important enough to be put first?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.