• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I'm scared

Mysticrose

Months ago I was in the Navy. I got separated for my depression. I was depressed because I was on medical hold for about a month because I had a cardiac issue. And the cardiology department kept cancelling and rescheduling my appointments. They would not tell me exactly what was wrong with my heart. All I know is that there is a leakage. I've been to two hotels already. The second one is actually more of a motel. I stayed in a hotel after flying back to my home state. Now I'm currently staying in a motel in a city that I know well. I went to college in the city I'm in. I refuse to go back to my dad and stepmom. They pressured me to join the military when I know I had depression. And my stepmom dod not sound too happy with me when she learned that I got separated from depression. I'm scared because I've never been completely away from my family. But at the same time I'm glad that I can finally be away from them. But the hardest part is trying to find a job, I'm trying to get a job as a CNA. I'm also planning to get an apartment that close enough to the job as possible. I don't have a car.

Mr.notduck

Upending your life is always going to be scary, but it sounds like you are strong enough to make it through. The most important thing I've found in new places is to reform good habits. Find something small that makes you happy. When I'm super sad I find that random acts of kindness to someone in need really helps me.

It sounds like being away from your family will be really good for you. It was something that I had to do for myself as well. The first year is the hardest, try to find someone to be friends with even if you dont open up about your emotional stuff with them. Thats going to be hard but remember not to put too much pressure on yourself. You are worth finding happiness and if you ever need someone to vent to I'm here.

I get sad a lot so I'm sorry if I'm a bummer sometimes.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00