i'm scared

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by isolated and lonely, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i'm scared. i dont know what is real and what isn't. people dont feel real, and yet im forced to hsave to interact with them. the thought makes me panic but i force myself to do it anyway. why? i dont even know, it doesnt matter if they arent real. habit maybe. maybe because i know animals are real and my animals need supplies so i have to risk the imaginary people to get what my animals need. i dont know what to do. no point saying anything to anyone because they are not real. you are not real. no one is real, but i am, not here though, im real in another world, im just trapped in this imaginary world and i have to die to get out.

i dont know what to do :(
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Are you taking any medication? Self medicating?
    Whenever I am doing either of those things, everything stops feeling real to me also.
    Do you have any close relationships with anybody, anyone that could sit down with you and help you to understand how you are feeling and why?
  3. Nope, no medication of any sort, and definitely not self medicating, I'm really clean living to be honest.

No I can't tell anyone or talk to anyone because I'm not supposed to know they are not real. I feel crazy and panicked for responding to you because you're not real, and now I'm crazy for talking to someone who is not real. I have to cut as many people as possible out of my life. I'm just really scared. It;s so horrible and isolating knowing nothing and no one is real, but also knowing they are still there and you can't get rid of them at all.
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm not trying to scare you and you shouldn't be frightened because you probably feel that I am not real either.

But my advice to you is that you seek medical and/or psychological advice, whether you think the doctors are real or not. Why do you think your animals are real and people are not?
  5. I don't need a doctor. The doctor can't do anything, and you're right, they aren't real. I have to get some meds from my doctor in a couple of weeks and that's scary in itself because what the hell does he actually give me. I don't even know. I just find the idea of sitting and talking to people that are not there, as compeltely crazy. I'd rather be sane and alone.
  6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Try the meds as you have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.
    You may think on them as a placebo or they may actually work, but either way it's worth a try right?

I sit and talk to people who are not there all the time. I try to take comfort from it.
    Maybe that could be one way to see things when talking to your Doctor, even if he is not real, try to take comfort from the fact that he 'might' be helping you.
  7. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I feel this way every couple of months, I get quite bad psychosis and I usually end up in hospital for a couple of weeks. You should try some form of medication to organise your thoughts and help make the distinction between real and fantasy. :smile:
  8. I sort of want to thank you for the replies, but that's a bit weird when you're not real.

The meds are sleeping tablets, which I take PRN (as and when needed). I don't have anything else. I've been on those for a while. I get scared they are poison so me and my GP have worked out a way for me to take them which causes me less anxiety. If he is real he's been really good at trying to help me because I don't have any help from the CMHT or anyone because they deemed me too complex to help and discharged me. They've never mentioned anti-psychotics or anything to me (which is presumably what you are talking about grahamd, but correct me if I'm wrong), although I have been told before I suffer paranoid delusions. They also can't find an anti depressant that works, so I'm med free. They wouldn't ever admit me to hospital like this. I'm glad you have support around you for when things are bad graham.

I went into town today. IT was really odd. The street was full of people but I had to keep telling myself it was not real and remind myself that just because they have always been there (other people generally), does not mean they are actually there, and I could see the street completely empty (in minds eye) and I had to try and focus on that. It was hard.
  9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i am glad to hear you feel real. it gets really frightening when you as well as others, don't feel real either. but i hear that you feel terrified and alone.

have you heard of what doctors call 'depersonalisation'? because what you're describing sounds like you're very very frightened and people have become 'unreal' to you. have you noticed this feelings of people not being there more, when you try and cut people off from your life?

i've had feelings like this when i have been very depressed and anxious. what i can say, is for me personally, it lifts when i'm less depressed, less frightened and understanding where my fear came from. i found touching my surroundings helps me or going to a calm place where i try and connect myself to things outside myself.

have you had feelings like this before? do i seem real to you right now? do you have any idea why you feel so scared?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.