I'm screwed...She lied

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by vjred, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vjred

vjred Member

I can’t believe that the therapist that I would see for the first time would lie to me. How can I ever make a bond of trust?
    She first told me about how God feels about suicide. (So very uncool) Then we talked about how she feels on the subject. (Shouldn’t this be about how I feel?)

Then I explain why I will NEVER call a hotline. They are no longer there to just to talk to you. Now they send someone to your home no matter if that is what you want or not. I’m 52 years old, and have the right to make my own choices.

So right before I leave she tells me that if I call her she will honor my right to choose. (BULL SHIT) First she can’t it’s the law. Second she just spent time telling me about how she and God feel about this. So just in case I heard her wrong I turned and asked her what she said and she said it again.
    I’m Sooooooo angry, did she think I was stupid and would call her because of phony words.

Then I went to pick up my Rx’s and the doc had decided not approve some of my meds no explanation. I don’t know if I will have with drawls.

I think I’m just getting too tired to keep trying.

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Hi-

I would consider getting a different psychologist, if I were you. She's there to serve (& to treat) you: not give sermons. There should indeed be a separation from religion and health care in a professional medical setting such as this. It is unethical, on her behalf, to try to convince you with her religious beliefs--unless of course, it was at your request to discuss this subject matter. Her belief in her faith is outweighing her therapeutic training; and because she do strongly believes what she believes, then so to, should you. Or at lease be guilted out of the depression, and such. Again, finding a therapist who speaks to you and gels with your personality can take some time; you've got to stay patient, and keep looking until you find the right one. It certainly seems like this is the exact opposite of that--given that she's lost your trust. Ultimately, you're the one paying for it, so she works for you!

3. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

What is the purpose of a therapist anyway? Can they change reality? Do they serve a higher god? Or as it may seem, their job is to assist people? Which people? The Judge? The Police? Your parents? You? Maybe themselves?

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Find a different doc!
    My first therapist was as much use as a smack in the gob...in fact a smack in the gob would have been more useful!
    My second therapist was brilliant...scarey...but brilliant.

5. vjred

vjred Member

Terry

LOL

The therapist I had for a long time is exactly as you say, brilliant…scary…but brilliant. I keep telling him that he is anything but warm and fuzzy. :adoration: The problem is that he is 9 ½ hours away since I moved. That’s 810 miles round trip.

I have been trying since July to find anybody out here. This is the first person that takes my ins. My husband says that I could even go to someone that doesn’t take are ins. If I could find anyone taking new clients, and the money wasn’t too out of our reach. I have not had much luck.

Your right she is not as useful as a gob. No I don’t want her views on God, and I didn’t ask for them. I never even came close to telling her mine.

I’m just starting to feel hopeless and lost. I just spent $524.00 to see a doc. and had to save for months to do that where do I go now.

I wish someone knew where I go from here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.