i'm shaking right now

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by goliathus, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goliathus

goliathus New Member

i don't know what's wrong with me, exam pressure makes me go into deep depression, cry, i feel like vommiting and can't even hold my hands without shaking... everyday i think of ending my life everyday a new way and everyday i get closer to doing it... i feel like im going to end my life if i dont get someone to talk to that just understands, because my parents don't and those are the only people who i can speak to. my biggest fear is failing my exams, thus failing my school year.. i cannot repeat a whole year... that idea just makes me cry and what makes it worse everytime i sit down to study i get those thoughts and it throws me off focusing on my studies...what should i do i need advice, your opinions

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

My suggestion is to put less importance upon the exams. While important in respect to school, the outcome is really very minor in the scheme of life. There will be far greater challenges in life going forward and worrying about passing or failing will not help pass... in fact, it may assist in leaning toward not doing as well. Remove the stress from your mind, put less importance upon the test (worry will not gain anything), and focus your thoughts on more important things. At the same time, once more relaxed, do not abandon study - do your best to be prepared for the exam. Consider sharing your concerns with your parents; they should understand. They may be able to give you moral support to help you gain confidence, or at least to put your mind more at ease. If you do fail, and you won't... (think positive!)... then step back, regroup with yourself, and jump back into the water swimming. We all sometimes have to make multiple attempts to reach success. It is a part of the challenge that makes life worth living. Think of something completely different - such as a video game. Would you play that game if it were to easy to win right off? The challenge is in the trying and trying and then the success is that much more rewarding.

3. Ande018

Ande018 Member

You are not alone. I understand! I barely lived through today myself. Your pressures are just as serious as anyone's. Hope got me through this anxiety and depression. God is real. Just ask him so. I am here living through these thoughts with you. Just try one more day, I did and I lived.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.