I'm sick of the way people view me

ShyGuy

All I did was go to the upstairs bathroom and my dad knocked on the wall saying once again "don't forget you have to get up early." He already told me that before and I know that!! Now I keep hurting myself and punishing myself and I'm very very tired but I'm forcing myself to stay up since my dad thinks that I would stay up anyways.

=( My head hurts and my throat is sore because I keep yelling angerly and I feel really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

sadhart

SF Supporter
All I did was go to the upstairs bathroom and my dad knocked on the wall saying once again "don't forget you have to get up early." He already told me that before and I know that!! Now I keep hurting myself and punishing myself and I'm very very tired but I'm forcing myself to stay up since my dad thinks that I would stay up anyways.

=( My head hurts and my throat is sore because I keep yelling angerly and I feel really bad.
I'm sorry about how frustrated you are. I can relate to feeling as though you don't have a voice of your own.

I know that what your father said upset you, but is it possible in at least this case that he didn't say that in a way to insult you but that he cares? I know that whenever my mother drops me off from work I tell her to be careful as I know that she has a difficult time seeing in the dark or when it's raining or foggy.

Anyway, I hope the rest of your day will be alright.

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sorry for the late response. Sorry to hear that you father did that. Remember that YOU also have the SF family who care about YOU. Take care my friend.

Parents can be very frustrating and repetitive. I haven't lived with my folks for 10 years+, but when I visit them I still feel like a child. Reminding myself that they just care and almost can't help being annoying has helped me! I've noticed it with my nephews; I still accidentally treat them as though they are younger, but I check myself and try not to do it too often. Try not to take it personally. How we behave usually has more to do with our own stuff than anyone else's; you too are in control of how you respond. Take care.

I think your dad just means well. I've been in the same boat but i take a deep breath and collect myself. I try not to get angry and see where my parents are coming from and understand that although they say things that may hurt my feelings, they usually come from a good place and have good intentions other than ill.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00