I'm Slipping

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lexicon, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

I've been doing SO well, and recently, I'm slipping backwards again into old habits and thought patterns. Including suicidal thoughts.
    I thought I was ok, it was all behind me.

It wasn't.
    I hate this.
  2. dice

dice Well-Known Member

Well we are always here if you want to talk it out. I hope you get through everything fine.
  3. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Is there anything in particular causing these thoughts and feelings? Are you on meds or anything? Maybe meds need to be changed or something. If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me anytime. and like dice said, we're all here for you if you want to talk it out.
  4. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. This happened to me and in fact, I've gotten worse. In my experience, depression and suicidal thoughts can come and go, but the problem still exists. If this has been going on for a while, I would suggest seeing a doctor. Hang in there.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am sorry its coming around again. Sometimes, even when we have made progress, the stuff comes around again so that we can do more work on it. Of course I dont know if this is whats happening. But wanted to offer it to you as a possibility.

Because of the holidays, as well as early sunsets and cold weather in northern new england, I have slipped as well. If it helps, you are not alone. :rose:
  6. L108935

L108935 Well-Known Member

My older cousin told me life is a sine wave. You'll inevitably have ups and downs, so just try to get through the downs as fast as possible to get back up.
  7. Lexicon

Heya, thank you all for your replies. I am on meds... but they've been stabilising my moods (cyclothymia/bpd) without really helping my depression. I expect the weather etc isn't helping, you're right there, and I know I'll have downs but I don't want downs this low again, I thought that might have been behind me - like I say, been relatively stable recently.
    Thank you all for your replies.
  8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

are you going to have dosages of meds etc reassessed?? From my heart to yours, I hope you get some relief.... and peace, asap.
  9. Considering this a new depression cycle, it's most likely that the worse has yet to come.
  10. Animosity

Maybe talk to your psychiatrist ad get your meds changed so that they do help your depression.
  11. Lexicon

Thanks >.<

But yeah, I suppose meds are a good idea to change, but being NHS I don't have any appointment till goddamn JANUARY so I have Dec feeling like this and, as has been pointed out, "the worst yet to come". Good god.
  12. Animosity

I understand what you mean. I made an appointment with my psychiatrist last week and my appointments not until january 16th. just stick it out hun. I know you can do it.
  13. Lexicon

Sorry to you as well for the long gap in therapies. It's just what the blazes I do in the meantime :(
  14. Alarius

Alarius Member

Hey there,

If you don't mind want to give a suggestion that i have used in the past that might help you. To help you not have to wait so long.

Depending on your symptoms go to the ER at your local hospital. It does not madder what you go for. They ask what meds you are taking, if you mention that you were on "these and these meds" and are out until Jan they will give you a temp refill. If your back is hurting for example, and you dont want to bring anything up go in tell them about your back, and mention the meds you are on, and are out of. You can also be straight forward if you are comft. with that.

Also, depending on the meds you just call your pharma and ask for a refill, they send a fax or call to your doc so you dont have to wait. If you suggest an increase they ask the doc, if approved they get the new script.

Hope this can help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.