Im so depressed

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Sowon, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Sowon

Sowon Member

Well. Due to recent events, I've become extremely depressed, disappointed and worried about my future. I'm not with my ex anymore but we still talk and today he was talking about who would care if he left this world besides me and his family, and the concept of right and wrong and it just tired me out to listen to that kind of stuff.
    I've become depressed, and as a result, I no longer feel like moving forward in my life, but I know that if I don't, eventually I'll be left alone with no way to provide for myself, and as much as that scares me, becoming independent and actually living life scares me more.
    Right now, I'm debating whether or not to just stay up all night playing video games to escape, since I can't sleep and movies aren't helping. But then I know that if I stay up all night I'll feel like crud in the morning...I'm just sick of everything...

2. Flashmode

Flashmode New Member

In a lot of ways I have used video games (a lot) as an means for escape from reality. That and I have terrible insomnia. I'm honestly at the same point in where I don't know where to go with life but I can't stay where I am. I wish I had an magic answer to make things better. If you want to talk feel free to send a pm

betteroffunknown likes this.
  3. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

Read a book in times like those. Playing video games should be for enjoyment not escapism.

Why is the love of family and friend not enough? Ask your ex that.

Depression makes it very difficult to make decisions. Fear will often leave you with paralysis by over analysis. That's a double whammy. Create a plan on a few things that interest you and how you are going to findout more about them. Web search, get books, decide if you are still interested, how can you continue your studies? College courses, employment, volunteer, more books, ?

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi sowon, i'm afraid of becoming independent too so I know how you feel to some extent? How old are you may I ask? I hope you begin to feel better soon, the best advice i can give you is quit staying up all night, that won't help your mental health or if you really enjoy playing the games just limit the time you play them, in moderation is key. Please see a doctor regarding your depressive thoughts, medication can help you a lot.Therapy can too, so maybe look into that. I am glad you joined here, you will meet many new friends who will understand you and have been in your position. Take good care of yourself.