I'm so different.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Curzon, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curzon

Curzon Member

I've been reading all these posts in this forum about suicidal people. They've all got kids, had divorces, split up with partners, in their 20's/30's. I'm different [ i have my reasons; read my other thread ] i'm only 14. What does this make me?
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

No, not everyone here has kids and has devorced.
    I myself am 21, and have been dealing with depression since i was about 15/16.
    It does mean anything if you are this way from this age, everything effects us differently.
    I'm going to read your other post now
  3. Curzon

Curzon Member

Well; you know what i mean. But still your older than me and you started getting depressed at an older age than me. I first started suffering from depression at the age of 10. I'm sure this isn't normal? Do i have mental problems and do i need to talk to someone?
  4. Failure_By_Design

Failure_By_Design Account Closed

Hey it's different for everyone, I'm almost 21, vie been dealing with depression for as long as i can remember even having suicidal thoughts before i was 10. I've fought it this long, and vie go e through a lot. Fromphysically fighting with my dad, as in like full out fist fighting, he choked me, it was pretty bad. And overdosing frequently through middle school high school, till recently. I've also cut a little, burned myself, injured myself, stopped eating and even deprived myself of water.

So while I don't think it's common to suffer with depression your entire life, you aren't alone I'm at least one other person who knows what life long depression feels like.
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Have you heard of CAMHS? I saw that you came from the UK. It's the child/adolescent MH service. You could contact them for an assessment. It does sound like you're struggling.

As for being different, you'd find a lot of people feel very isolated here, regardless of how much common ground there appears to be. Try not worry about it.

Do you have a counsellor at school? Or a teacher you could talk to? They might know of youth counselling agencies that might offer you help too.
  6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Curzon. I think depression is caused by a different brain chemistry than what is found in a typical, normal person. It can happen to anyone at any age. What things have happened in your life that is causing you to be depressed? I had a rough time in grades 7 and 8 and I possibly was depressed, but I got over it, and eventually became a teacher. Is something happening at school or at home?
  7. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

You may just be a highly intelligent, senisitive person. I think you should talk to someone to help you feel better. You seem like a very mature and interesting person. Go to a therapist and work things out and then your whole life will work better and you will have a happy life!!!! So many great times ahead. You sound like an exceptional young person to me!!!! Wow you are GREAT I think!!!! Just reach out and talk a therapist and tell us your worries too. Things are going to be good for you!!!! We are here for you too and will care and help!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.