I'm so freakin sad lately...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by odnox, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

If you'd have talked to me 6-12 months ago, things would have been pretty good. Maybe a bad day or two per month, but not too bad. But it seems like lately that I'm just sad all the time. Not suicidal very often and not to a danger to myself level. Just sad. The big blah.

The problem is I'm very shy and very lonely. I think if I could fix one, I could fix the other, but I don't seem to be able to fix one without fixing the other. If that makes sense. I see the people I work with, with their families and miscellaneous adventures and I get so envious. I've been married and divorced and I know how much all that sucked, but I'd probably give my left arm to find just that one woman who would understand me and stay with me.

And I have no friends. You can't make friends if you never leave your house. I'm not phobic I just generally can't think of a reason to go anywhere. I go to work one day per week and I go get groceries and walk my dog. On a rare occasion like this weekend, I'll go to the bookstore and library. I may even stay there for a while and wander around. I'm not afraid of people, I'm just shy. I guess unless someone comes up to me, I'll never have even friends let alone someone special.

So, now I'm lonely and sad. I want to stop being lonely. I'm willing to accept that I may never find love again, but the fact that I can't really call anyone just to talk is terrible. I have family, but I think they're probably tired of me at this point. I have co-workers who I get along with generally, but I wouldn't talk to them about personal stuff. So, all that's left is my dog and she only cares if I'm feeding or walking her.

Anyway, I'm sad and lonely and it sucks.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I am sure you have read it here on the forum. Why don't you volunteer somewhere. It will get you out of the house and force you to deal with people. It will probably help your ego a bit also. I can't beleive I said that because I am an isolationist. Very seldom do I venture out of my bedroom. Only to go to appointments and to the grocery store.There are times when I will get to the store and start panicking so I leave and go home to calm down. Once I am sure I am calm I go back to the store and complete my shopping. My therapist says it is necessary to make sure you go back, That way the negative thoughts don't win. Seriously try the volunteering and maybe take some night classes. That would be a good way to meet people. Try it and see what happens..:chopper:..

3. Susan_G

Susan_G Well-Known Member

Hey you sound like a great guy. I love dogs, long walks, bookstores and libraries.
    Feel free to send a message to me. I don't know why I am so sad lately and that's why I am a new member here to.

Take care
    Susan

4. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

Night classes are a great idea. There is a school here that has "fun classes." Jazz appreciation, wine tasting and learning French. Those are the ones that I'd like to take. I've also considered getting a Masters. That's really a great idea, thanks!!

I've also tried volunteering for the local dog rescue organizations. I could try that again. Hmm hmm, things to consider.

Thanks!

5. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

Thanks Susan! I'm an OK guy, not sure about great, but I appreciate that.

Hope you'll feel better too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.