I'm so frustrated I want to scream!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by carebear32, Aug 25, 2012.

1. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

I haven't taken medication in 4 months and I really should, if I'm going to stay sane. I discussed what I can do with my therapist yesterday and she said I should print out the chronic application form and take it to my psychiatrist and ask her to fill it in for me so I can submit it, so the medical aid will continue paying for me to get medicine.

I looked on the medical aid website and got the form needed only to find out that my condition is not covered on my plan. Now I'm right back where I started and I'm so freaking frustrated right now I don't know what to do.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am completely unfamiliar with the medical care and procedures where you are but couple questions-- Are there any good samaritan or charitable organizations that may be able to step up and help? Are there any waiver or appeals/ special requests available with your coverage plan? Lastly , in the US I have known some people , including some here on this forum, that have had success with writing to manufacturer of drug requesting assistance as many drug companies have provisions for just that. On slightly more shaky ground is if the Dr or psychiatrist would prescribe for a different condition that was covered for "off label" use.

I hope you are able to get it sorted.

3. carebear32

Well, I did the only thing I think I can do. I sent the medical aid an email explaining my situation that I have severe major depression, have been hospitalized for an overdose and am unemployed. I asked them if there was any way they could reconsider and help me out. Now all I can do is wait and see what they say, though I already know what the answer will be.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I sincerely hope it works out for you - keep us posted :hug:

5. carebear32

I heard absolutely nothing from my medical aid, which I didn't quite expect. I sent an e-mail to my therapist asking her for advice on what to do. She told me I need to ask for a different form that doesn't appear on the website. I e-mailed them for the form and they've sent it to me, so now I just need to get my therapist to fill it in and wait to see if the medical aid approves it.

6. carebear32

Time to tell myself I can adjust to not having my medications. I just read the application form the medical aid sent me and I really fear that my claoim will be rejected. It keeps going on about using the medical savings amount, which I don't have. That was used up by mid May. Why me? Why is it everuthing has to go wrong for me? Every time!! I want to cut myself so bad right now until I'm an unrecognizable bloody mess.

7. synchrohobbit

synchrohobbit Active Member

I am nearing a point in my life where I will be uncovered, and it is horrifying. If I go more than two days without either of my medications I start to slip. It is honestly just necessary to keep an organ functioning properly (my brain) so I can contribute to society. We have to keep working on healthcare reform around the world so we can all be helped.