I'm so fucking incompetent

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Lethal Photography, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

So I finally get my own cello and I finally get a hard case and I can't fucking carry it. I'm so fucking tiny. And I'm shaking so much from the bloody coffee that I keep dropping my bow and I'm getting horrible screeching sounds like you'd expect from a damn beginner. And for once there were actually other people there so everyone could hear me make a bloody fool of myself. And my dad was there too and, god, I'm such a fucking disappointment.

2. ecorg911

ecorg911 Active Member

Awww, i'm sure your not =). Practice makes perfect ^_^, I myslef have tried various instruments with no luck at first, after a few months it becomes a lot easier.

I'm sure your dad doesn't see you in that way, we all make mistakes and a bit of a t** of ourselfs at the best of the times, I can't offer you any paticular advice, as we are all different, although if you trip at the first hurdle, you get yourself up and try again :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  3. Lethal Photography

But I've been playing for almost 10 years. I shouldn't be having trouble with first position stuff...

4. ecorg911

ecorg911 Active Member

Whether you have been playing for 10 days or 10 years does not detere you skill in any profession. Am I correct in believing this is something you really enjoy?

5. Lethal Photography

My cello is the only one of my loves that's still with me.

6. ecorg911

ecorg911 Active Member

Awww ^_^, well as longs it makes you happy, theres no need to worry about anyone else :) I actually quite admire your determination, I think a lot of people would have given up. It just goes to show you are a determined induvidual and you can do any thing you want with you life.

7. Lethal Photography

But I'm too small to carry it with the hard case. I can't get to the practice room with it unless I find someone bigger to carry it for me.

8. ecorg911

ecorg911 Active Member

Aww, thats well cute :p, its not your fault you are considered "small", you should have no shame in let someone help you out :) I'm to tall myself, but hey no ones perfect :p It's not worth beating yourself up about it ^_^

9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Too small, too tall! It really doesnt make much diffreence. Look at the fact that you took up an instrument and that you are still with it. You have a case that is hard for you to manage, but still you persist and get to the practices and performances. You're determination and ability to stick with something you love makes you "bigger" than most people. Others would of said oh well, too much for me, I'm done. Not you. Hun dont look at the things in your life you cant do but rather applaud yourself for the things you can!!!

10. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

Just ask someone. People should help. Isn't it in human natures politeness to help? (stupid society we live in).

I think its awesome you can play a cello! Continue, don't give up hun!:smile:

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Is it just the bulkiness of the hard case that makes it difficult? If so, can you invest in a soft case? They aren't quite as heavy, but they still may be too big if you are a tiny person. I am glad you have found an instrument you like to play. Music is so important in life. :hug:

MisterBGone likes this.