I'm so ill

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hoth, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoth

Hoth Active Member

I want my parents to understand everything that has happen in my life and everything I have lost. I want them to not take me for granted anymore that I can still go off the deep end anytime. I'm sick of feeling lifeless and just pretend everything is OK when it really isn't. I want to know and understand but I fear like in the past, they will never understand them. Why doesn't anyone care about me or take me seriously? Why is it so hard for them to understand, why does it have to be this way?

I'm cold, tire, and my best days are past me. I want to seek peace whether it dying or living but the latter seem impossible to be at peace now. I just lost too much.

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

As a parent who lost a child, I can tell you that even when we do care (I cared about my boy more than he would ever know), it is often difficult to (1) show it, (2) know what to do when our children are in crisis. That said, the best advice that I can give you is that you should reach out for help. If you can't have a full blown sit down with your parents, or you don't think they'll take it seriously, or if you are unable to yourself... Then try writing them a letter. Be brutally honest in your writing. I promise you they'll take notice. If not that, then seek out assistance from a councilor at school. Explain to them what you just did here on this forum site. Or, go to a community MHMR and ask for assistance in the same manner. Contact your local police department and ask them if they have a Mobile Outreach Team or mental health division. Ask for assistance and guidance. Please don't assume that your parents will take you for granted. Sometimes as parents, we are just as lost as you. We don't know what to say or do. We are not super powers, we are just the same as you are, only older. We make mistakes too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.