I'm so lonely

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by TheGirlWho, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGirlWho

TheGirlWho Member

I have nobody to talk to. My friends don't understand that I *can't* do things; they get annoyed when I drop plans. My parents have NO idea that I am depressed- I don't think they believe there is any such thing.

I feel so isolated. I just wish there was one person who understood.

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

You are not alone in this. If you want to talk about it pm me anytime. I will always reply as soon as I can. I too know how hard it can be and I am sure that many others here at sf understand as well. Best wishes,S.:smile:

3. Jen23

Jen23 Well-Known Member

I understand how you feel. My aunt doesn't believe in depression. She says I make myself depressed by not going out and doing things. I don't really have anyone else to talk to. I don't make friends easily because I don't want to have to explain why I can't do things.

4. SadPandaBear

SadPandaBear Well-Known Member

I've dropped plans so often that nobody bothers to ask me anymore. I dont really know if that upset me more.. or not.

5. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Feeling all alone is one of the worst feelings there is. Feeling like no one understands what you are going through is also really hard to deal with. It hurts to feel so isolated. It hurts like hell. i wish it was different and your family and friends were more supportive.

6. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

dont take it as offensive please, but ur aunt is very ignorant and dont know whats shes talking about, i hate ppl like that, who dont know shit and talk without knowing...grrrrrrrr.....

TheGirlWho tell us more so can be of better help :smile:

7. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Loneliness is a natural disease, one I too have been afflicted with for some years now. I hope I can get to know and meet you. Trust me when I say that you are not alone, in the twisted sense that we are all alone with you (if that makes sense).

8. brittini

brittini Well-Known Member

I feel extremely alone too. I cry all the time, I am right now. I've blown off so many friends over the years it's unbelievable. When I have actually gone and hung out with them, it made me more depressed and sick to my stomach feeling. All of my real-life friends now I don't even talk to most of them anymore. My best one moved to California and just had a baby yesterday so she has her own life going now. My boyfriend is hardly ever there for me, he's always working and hanging out with his friends. My little sister is always with her friends and I'm always here at the house with my parents, always staying in my room every single day being online and sleeping. That's all I ever do anymore. You're not alone. *hug*

9. endlessskies58

endlessskies58 Well-Known Member

i understand how you feel... building friendships is really frustrating for me right now... all of my highschool friends are busy or gone. i miss them so much because they know me through and through. and the other two friends i'm really close to are guys with girlfriends and the girlfriends no matter how much i try to be their friends are freaked out about me being a threat or stealing their man.

but i will tell you this... you have a problem and you know what your solution is. it takes some effort, but do you want to continue with the problem being a problem?

to not be lonely you need to surround yourself with people. and to do that you need to put in effort. your friends obviously care, but one can only put in so much effort before you exhaust yourself. you need to give back to them by going out with them sometimes.

my best friend is very scared of doing anything and misses out on so much fun because of it. she gets this thing where she gets uptight and makes herself sick in her stomach. she doesn't get that its all in her head. this thing would anger me because she would even prioritize it over me... she's ditched me, leaving me all alone at a HUGE concert in LA because of her problem... she cared more about her problem then my safety and it hurt a lot...

i used to be really uptight about stuff too until i forced myself to go out and just not care. i was scared because i was always nervous about the worst possible scenerio... until i realized that that is never the case. it is a 1 in a million occurrence.

you will have SO much fun if you don't think 'i can't'. you very much so can. there are so many exciting things to experience in life and once you relax and enjoy them... you will cherish them...

but do know that i understand how you feel completely... believe it or not, everyone i've ever talked to feels lonely. everyone. even people who look like they have a lot of friends or are popular. i am always surprised by this, but it is so true. so many people tell me when i get into a deep convo with them irl that they don't have anyone they trust, they don't have any close friends, all they have are acquaintances. and these are gorgeous people who party every night mind you...

lonely is a very normal feeling i think for everyone and it sprouts from the social belief that if you are loved and adored by a million people then you are alone. that isn't true. it is just doubting yourself.

and in truth, some of the brightest minds were loners. albert einstein is a huge example.

so cheer up. i send my love! <33333

10. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, I feel lonely too, but I try not to think about it, and focus my energy on worth while things..you can always try going out and volunteering, that got me kinda out of my depression hole, maybe it can help, or talk to a counsellor, I did, and it was kinda helpful too, but in the end it depends on you and ur attitude, and ur response to ur situtations. GL

11. Scars and Memories

Scars and Memories Account Closed

I understand.

I don't know why you're depressed, in my case it's because I miss someone, I can't be myself, and I don't have alot of friends. You should try to find out why you're depressed. And I know about ignorant parents:dry:
    That's why I don't tell them I'm depressed and suicidal, they wouldn't even understand and I don't want their stupid pity.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.