I'm so ready to be done

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Autumn01, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I'm so ready to be done.
    I need a job so bad. I keep applying for jobs and getting no where.
    The bills aren't going to stop coming and I have next to no money in my account.
    Everything sucks. I've been praying to Jesus for help but with no such luck.
    I'm toast. I've had it.

2. ACPhilosopher

ACPhilosopher Active Member

Things can seem pretty desperate in the middle of the night. You are not alone. I am personally panicking about money right now also. Although I have a job, it is only part-time and I am burning through my savings at an alarming rate. Completely alone in the world right now, which makes it even more frightening!

But then again, I've survived through a lot of hardship up until this point, and so far nothing has destroyed me. Same for you. So far, nothing has destroyed you, so you must have pretty good survival skills and will probably manage to turn things around soon.

We are all in this leaky boat together.

Something that really helps me when I'm terrified is to set small, achievable goals for each day, and tell myself that as long as I achieve my daily goals, I will get off my own back and stop worrying and beating myself up. Sometimes you can reach a seemingly impossible goal by breaking it down into smaller steps, and then committing yourself to doing a little each day and never letting yourself off the hook until you've accomplished what you wanted. Anything to keep the anxiety at bay!:insomnia:

3. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I'm not good at giving advice, but I'm sorry for what you're dealing with. The thing is though, you have a voice, and you voiced it in another post about how you believe Romney will be the one to make new jobs. I think if, nothing else alone, you should keep voting to put romney in office, because that is your right. Honestly, i don't want to vote for either of them, and I can't stand politics, but I can admire what you believe in, and I think what you believe is worth should be something to be worth living for. Sorry if this didn't make sense/

4. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Thanks AC and sadhart for your replies.
    I'm just so depressed, tired and I don't know how I'm going to pay my bills.

5. fish.bulb

fish.bulb Member

What if you got a job working on a campaign? This is the home stretch, everyone needs more boots on the ground. I don't think you will get paid much, if anything. But it is something to put on your resume. Supporters may let you crash on their couches, and its a great chance to network. And everybody gets laid, from what i hear.

If you haven't received a Bachelor's yet, taking community college/certificate classes may get you some financial aid (less, if Romney wins, but that is a topic for another forum).

Depending on the severity of your mental illness, you may qualify for SSI - though there are a lot of hoops to jump through and you'd probably need a lawyer and/or be in a mental institution (the nuthouse does provide 3 meals a day and a roof over your head, but that is more of a last resort).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.