I'm so scared of dying.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by confused.com, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confused.com

confused.com Member

I don't really know why I'm posting here because I know what I have to do to end the way I'm feeling, but I am absolutely terrified of dying. A big part of me knows that it can't be any worse than how I'm feeling now, but it's the uncertainty that is causing me the most pain.

I only hung on until today because there was the smallest bit of light at the end of the tunnel (the thought that I could do a course I've been dreaming of for years after the degree I'm currently taking is failing spectacularly) but after the vote on fees a few minutes ago, and no funding for a second course, that light has been well and truly extinguished.

I have literally no reason to carry on, I can't remember what it feels like to be happy, and I don't have the energy any more! I've been trying to hold on for my family but to be honest I'm more of a burden to them than anything else.

I haven't been a member here long but I've seen how supportive you all are, and it's definitely helped to keep me going. I've had a few extra weeks from that support, and that's been enough. Thanks everyone, and good luck.
  2. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

:hug: Being afraid of dying is good. Keep holding on for your family.
  3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

The fees suck I saw but there is no reason to give up yet, keep talking to us here work through your options, there is always hope even if you cannot see it, that is one thing I have truly learnt
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hang on. who knows what other opportunities may come your way. you have to be around to see them. please hang on.
  5. Kfuse

Kfuse New Member

Believe me, you aren't a burden. Your family is going to be so very sad. I just lost my father this way and he thought he was doing us a favor, but the truth is he hurt us more. What I would do to turn back time. Life is so precious! Jesus Loves YOU!
  6. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

aww, maybe you can still study the subject on your own? I mean if its in the same univ you have access to the library and maybe you can go to the course as visitor, maybe talk to teacher? So youll know what its about and when situation is more favorable you can go and get the credits easily.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.