I'm so sorry.

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by iamthevillain, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamthevillain

iamthevillain New Member

I’ve done horrible things and I deserve to die. I sexually assaulted a good friend of mine six years ago, and I have never stopped hating myself for it. I don’t understand why I did it and I don’t understand how I let it happen. Through mutual friends I know that it destroyed her psychologically, and apparently she’s still in therapy. I wish I could take it all back. I did a horrible thing and I can’t live with it. I’ve self-harmed for years over guilt from the assault. I’m so sorry, Chelsea.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am not going to pretend that the thing you did was okay. Certainly it is reasonable that you feel a lot of guilt. However wallowing in guilt and harming yourself is of no worth to her - it does not help her - nor does it help anyone else.

If you are truly sorry then there are any number of ways you could get involved with helping people, making life better for people. Get yourself some support - doing a bad thing doesn't make you a bad person necessarily. There are places you can go for help and support. I hope you find a way to move past this.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

to start get some therapy for yourself talk to someone who can guide you and help you get some answers to why you would do such a thing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.