I'm so tired of getting back up again

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PumpkinTheCat, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumpkinTheCat

PumpkinTheCat New Member

Hi... It's my first time posting here, I found this forum and I don't really know where else to turn. I'm so tired. I don't want to keep doing this anymore.

I was raped as a child and suffered a lot of physical and mental abuse at home. My dad constantly told me to go kill myself because I was a burden to him and he didn't want to deal with me anymore. My first boyfriend sexually assaulted me when I was 15. I ran away twice, and both times I was taken advantage of and abused further. I got into college, but this past semester I had to drop out because I couldn't take the mental strain and I was diagnosed with depression, Aspergers, and anxiety. They put me on a ton of meds which just make me feel dependent and I hate that. I wasted a whole semester's room and board, and now I don't have enough money to pay for school in the fall. The job I was supposed to have backed out on me, and no one else is hiring around me. And to top it all off, my girlfriend who was the first person I trusted for so many things, the reason I had faith in anyone at all and who gave me a reason to live, broke up with me and started going out with some guy. She's also my best and only friend, so at this point I have no one.

I'm so tired. Every time something happens I get back up and keep trying, only to get beaten down worse than I did before. I'm worthless, I'm stupid, I'm never good enough for anyone or anything. No one wants me. No one cares. My family just wishes I would die so they wouldn't have to deal with me anymore. I'm so lonely it's tearing me apart... The one person who tried to show me that I was worth something just threw me out in the end, just like everyone else... I'm nothing. I'm in so much pain. I just wish it would stop. I've already attempted twice in the past and failed both times. I can't even do that. I'm such a failure...

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

That is a lot to deal with. Do you have any counselling or just the meds?
    Is your girlfriend still a friend

You are not worthless, you got into college so you are not stupid. You are good enough, you have just had awful luck with partners .

3. PumpkinTheCat

PumpkinTheCat New Member

I go to counseling but I feel like they just don't get it... the therapist straight up told me she's never met someone as deep in it as I am. That was such a lovely, reassuring thing to hear from a professional. And my girlfriend seems like she's trying to still be friends, but she's cut our interaction down by at least 90%. She's never there when I need her anymore.

4. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Your gf is probably trying to put some distance between you so you can go back to being friends. This is good and I hope you can give her time.
    Your counsellor was foolish to say that. Other than that do you think she helps?

Does your family really wish you were not around?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.