im sooo fat

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by xXxRNBxXx, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Im so god damn fat ... i hate my body

Today my general manager has called me fat/had dig about my weight 4 times and he also said this infront of other people at work including the operation manager who then turned round and had a go at him for it and demanding they have a meeting in the morning... i mean im so paranoid about my weight and im so hurt and upset and im so fucking ANGRY!!!

I have so much anger in me i cant stop crying and i feel like harming myself really badly...

2. varek

varek Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, I used to take a lot of shit about my body too and I know how hurtful it can be.

Some people are just pricks and they like to try and make other people feel bad to take their mind off their own insecurities. Try not to let some useless guy like that get to you, he's not worth it. If you're not happy with your weight then that's your business and not his..

:hug:

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Urgh, I'm completely disgusted by your general manager. I'm VERY glad that the operation manager has called him on it. Hopefully that shows you that he is very wrong to do that.

I'm not surprised you feel angry though, you have every right to. Could you maybe try and channel that anger into something more productive than hurting yourself? How about maybe writing the manager a letter saying what you really want to say to him? I wouldn't suggest giving it to him though unless someone edits it for you though.

If your weight is an issue, could you maybe go and see a doctor and talk to them about how you feel? They may be able to help you.

4. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

wow what a dick!! Dont listen to them. I have pics of you Rach. YOU ARE NOT FAT!!! Im really sorry people are such fucktards :( And im sorry for my language in this thread.. :/
    :hugtackles:

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

That is called workplace bullying where I come from.....
    I'm glad the operations manager said something ...that's good to know you have someone descent there to stand up for you...
    Don't let the bully win......

6. SaidDave

SaidDave Banned Member

It's none of his fuckin' business. If you do want to lose weight, just stick to clean foods and jogging.

7. usedman93

usedman93 Member

I'm a bit bigger than most people too, and everyone made fun of me. all the time. i know exactally how you feel right now. the insults... the labels...

trust me, they're wrong. I used to be the resident fat kid, untill someone bigger moved here, then they forgot about me, and just ignored me. not better than a "sorry", but better than continuing.

my point is, people are fickle creatures, especially in the variety that you mention. they like your reaction. perhaps not so violent, but they love it.

it's all a game to them. you getting flustered is their idea of fun. dickwads are just like that. you don't have to go so far, because their hollow insults fall apon deaf ears. odds are, the man poking fun at your wieght is the only one laughing. if not, then he has firends that are just as bad as he is, and they are going to find out pretty soon that that's not the bst way of having a good time. the hard way. don't worry, they'll get their just desserts before too long, when they bite off more than they can chew.

they'll exploit any weakness to achieve this, so what you do is disregard it. if you thought your hair were the problem, then they'd be laughing at your hair, for no reason. even if it were the staightest, most beautiful hair in the world. in other words, they dont have to mean it, it's just got to hurt you for them to succede their own objectives.

8. Black Beauty

Black Beauty Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be quite hard. I read a story in the news recently about this woman who was my age (25) and she is quite fat too, needs an operation otherwise she's going to have to have her limbs amputated but she can't afford it (it costs $25,000).

I don't suffer from what you do, but I can kind of relate. I'm really skinny, and for us men being skinny is like the equivalent of being fat for a woman because even fat guys get the girls. I've had several girls reject me and tell me that I wasn't sexually attractive because of me being skinny.

I'm going to take steps to change that though, I recently got a job a few months ago so now I can afford to go to the gym and buy more food to buff myself up.

I wish you all the best in your situation too, do you think you might try going to the gym or changing to a healthy vegan diet (if you're not already)?

We've all got to try and if someone thinks you're fat, then the best revenge is to become really hot one day and then reject them when they suddenly see you for the babe that you are. It's a lot of hard work but that's life I guess!

9. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

The thing is everyone tells me im not fat... but its my mind i dont see myself like others do. i feel fat and ugly. but my boss doing this convinces me more that i am. Again today he made a remark towards me... well the operantions manager said hes had enough and has now sent a email of complaint to HR and said hes going to get them to deal with this.

I broke down today in work which i dont normally do i just felt so weak and horrible. I aint eaten much today either. I now think its him causes my eating to go down hill again... I just wish i could be left alone for once....

10. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Have you thought about putting in a complaint? Behaviour like this is completely unacceptable. He is your basic bully and has found an area that is a painful one.

Its important to keep reminding yourself that you are not 'fat'. It sounds like you are probably a healthy weight (At best) from what you say, so maybe its a case of trying to remind yourself of facts and not relying on your opinions?

11. loser

loser Well-Known Member

We have local MP is rather plump and she gets annoyed about rude comments that are made about her weight. These rude comments are invariably made by rather obnoxious people. Generally the MP is regarded as quite attractive and is very popular. She seems quite energetic and healthy.
    Beth Ditto - the singer is a large lady but she is a popular singer.

I think it is good idea to have healthy diet with vegetables and fruit - and boiled eggs and avoid fasting. Eggs are really good for your mental health and your eyesight. It is mistake to think too much about size and weight.

What is important is for you to care about yourself and love yourself.

12. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

He sounds like a total dick, probably got a small one. I would guess he would get in trouble now but if he continues, i would speak to the operation manager he sounds alright.

13. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Wow what a jerk... that is all I can say. I doubt you are fat hun.

14. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

the thing is hes a GENERAL manager hes in charge of our depot,,, im so scared he will make my life hell if i complain etc... i feel so confused n scared... i guess i have no choice but to keep quiet :?

15. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

No, he won't be able to make you life hell. Document it all down, who was there, what he said, what he did, what you did, etc. If you then choose to make a complaint you have all the evidence. They will already know though because of the other manager sorting it out. You don't need to keep quiet. Chances are, if he is bullying you, he's also bullying others too.

16. Black Beauty

Black Beauty Well-Known Member

What country are you in? Depending on how effective your employment relations laws are - you might be able to get some compensation for hurt and humiliation.

Here in my country, New Zealand, we have what are called Personal Grievances. When you feel like you are being bullied in the workplace you can usually hire lawyers that charge on a 'no win, no fee' basis. What they will do for you is file a personal grievance against the employer for not providing a safe workplace (whether physically or emotionally) for you as an employee. If the Court finds that the employer has breached their duty of good faith to you (e.g. by bullying you) to the point where you have no choice but to leave the workplace then the Court will hold that you have been 'constructively dismissed' (i.e. continued employment would have been detrimental to your health and wellbeing), and therefore award compensatory damages. So basically you get a big payout.

It's worth looking into if you want to stand up for your rights. Otherwise you'll always get called fat by people who don't give a damn about the consequences if nobody fights back.

17. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

That Is bullying. Regardless of who he is, you shouldn't take In his Insults.You should be able to feel safe at work. Please prepare a complaint. The evidence is all around you.You know you don't deserve this. Document all his doing to u down because you most definetely don't deserve this, and you are most certainly not fat. :hug: take care, sweetheart.

18. Stray

Stray Account Closed

Sorry but if your fat then instead of getting upset about it, watch what you eat and join a gym! Do something about it. Other people will lie to you and say your not fat, it's still taboo in society. Just been realistic.

19. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

'Fat' is not an accurate term. It is a term used for insulting people and is an opinion.

'Overweight' would be the correct term, so being 'fat' is not relevant.

20. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

well i'll see what happens this week with the other manager sending a complaint... im hoping that maybe he will just back off now if they warn him.. i just really hope it doesnt effect how i get treated at work afterwards...

If it continues then I will try and be strong enough to take it further rather then taking it and letting it get to me...

Thanks for all your comments and advice x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.