I'm sorry but I am just really so tired of life

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

This weekend was just really disocuraging. It's bad enough that I can't get over the pain from my past, but as I continue to try to live a social life, I am trying to pick up before my alcoholism and try to work on better socializing which I have struggled with for so long. Even when I was drinking I striggled with it. All around me I see how easy it is for others to be social and connect with other epople. It can be discouraging at the least, but just really depressing and overhwelming for the most part. there is this conflict where I want to socialize more even though it's hard for me, but then i think of the past rejections....epwcially one that still hurts after six years and also just watching how easy it is for others and I just feel like giving up.

i'm sorry for rambling and sorry if this didn;t make sense.

2. Starting Over

Starting Over Active Member

Hi sadhard,

If it makes you feel any better, I know that it can be frustrating to see others functioning happily, seemingly without effort, but many of those people are just good at hiding their true sorrow. That's not to say that its ok for you to feel depressed. It isn't-and you deserve happiness :) But don't let other people's facades further exacerbate the issue. The fact that you haven't given up on life and are still trying to socialize, despite the pain. That takes a lot of strength and courage :)

3. sadhart

Thank you. I will do my best to keep what you said in mind as the week goes on.

4. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

I too find it hard to socialize without alcohol. Never realized it until the deep depression I was in. With the current meds I am on I can not drink alcohol and get extreme anxiety before a social event. Once I am there I am ok but definitely not the "old" me. My friends always have alcohol at social events which makes it difficult. Last time I went out I drank a NA beer just to try to fit in. My how life has changed...

5. sadhart

Looking back, I'm not sure how much alcohol really helped me to "fit in" I still struggled socially. I know I'm probably contadicting my previous post, but I just feel really discouaraged and hopeless about things getting better for me. Sorry to keep complaining and "whining" like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.