1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm starting to think...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Shiro Ryuu, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Shiro Ryuu

Shiro Ryuu Member

I am beginning to think that I am a horrible person. I'm very selfish, and the only person I ever think about is myself. I feel that if I died, never existed, or was never born, things would be much better off for the people around me. But if I killed myself, people keep telling me that I'll make them sad, and killing myself would only make things worse. I just feel that maybe changing myself is the best thing I can do. But, I don't really know how I can change who I am.

2. Take heart! While change is a process, and can indeed truly last a lifetime (if one is wise enough/inclined enough to do so - and many do not even see fit to do so!), it puts you on the journey to further and evolving self-awareness. It is not 'easy', in many instances, but it can indeed be 'fulfilling'. It is unfortunately not something that is commonly taught, let alone in a meaningful way - it is rather an individual endeavour, sparked by the beginnings of feelings of dissatisfaction with ones self - be 'gentle' with yourself as you encounter these feelings, and as you continually work with what you want to change - taking "baby steps" (this is also not commonly taught), but it is/can be an effective motivation, if you perceive it as such... :smile:

(and btw - Welcome!)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008